Fallout (Prime Video)

😀

All episode drop on April 11th.  

• Like 3

• Jim K changed the title to Fallout (Prime Video)

Looks promising.

I'll be honest, I saw the trailer and I don't know what to think. I hope it will be good - Fallout: Nuka Break on YouTube has shown me that you can have decent production values and a fun storyline - but I'm bracing for the idea that it will be meh.

I will watch the start and see how it pans out.

• 1 month later...

I find the show to be hit and miss and unfortunately, the fighting scenes are full of cliche Hollywood tropes that are painful to watch.

I watched it all yesterday, its great. starts off slower introducing you to how things work, so many references scattered about and by halfway it should have its hooks in you.

Binged it in one sitting in my basement while listening to air raid sirens outside (just another morning in Ukraine) for some 7D immersion. Solid 8.5/10. Absolutely loved the attention to details and respect to the universe overall. Amazon did not screw this one, and the soundtrack was just amazing.

Will someone who has not played the games would enjoy the show?

• Like 1

On 13/04/2024 at 19:01, Xenon said:

Will someone who has not played the games would enjoy the show?

I think so yes.  My wife watched the first 5 episodes with me last night and she enjoyed it a lot, despite barely touching any of the games in the past.

On 13/04/2024 at 07:21, JanSolo said:

I find the show to be hit and miss and unfortunately, the fighting scenes are full of cliche Hollywood tropes that are painful to watch.

The fighting scenes are the least important parts of the story. What did you expect from them?

Just watching episode 4. Matt Berry as a Mr. Handy is perfect!

Can't say that I'm a fan of the guy pretending to be a Paladin. But I guess that is the point for the moment...

On 14/04/2024 at 00:12, adrynalyne said:

The fighting scenes are the least important parts of the story. What did you expect from them?

Something less cliche.

On 14/04/2024 at 19:20, JanSolo said:

Something less cliche.

Please elaborate. 

Binge watched it this weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it! SFX were brilliant... and the soundtrack just right!

On 14/04/2024 at 10:12, adrynalyne said:

Not to mention the way it's done so far is a direct call to the VATS system, with the whole slow mo and kill cam look.  It fits with fallout.

On 15/04/2024 at 13:13, Sulphy said:

Binge watched it this weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it! SFX were brilliant... and the soundtrack just right!

Sound track is pretty much all the music from the games plus a few extra ones.  Very good.

My only real complaint or gripe was that the power armors didn't seem weighty enough in a lot of the scenes. Same with the vault doors, something just felt off to me. Everything else was spot on though, I was hooked after two or three episodes.