Star Wars: The Acolyte [Disney+]

• 2 weeks later...

Show has been fine so far... not a standout but it's not terrible either.  Need to see how the show plays out before making a judgement. 

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

I wonder if Sol is actually a Sith, or at least a bad Jedi... got a strange vibe from him that whole last episode.  

On 05/07/2024 at 11:16, Innervisions33 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder if Sol is actually a Sith, or at least a bad Jedi... got a strange vibe from him that whole last episode.  

Wasn't quite right on this thought above... but it's more accurate in a round about way than one might have thought.

Spoiler

I don't think they showed Mother Koril perish in the fire... I wonder if she survived and is the one that trained The Stranger?

• 1 month later...

Shame I enjoyed it for what it was. Was interested to see where it went, hate Disney took a page from Netflix and ended it on a cliffhanger. I'm guessing the story will continue via comics.

On 20/08/2024 at 15:04, margrave said:

I thought it was alright. Had such promise. The haters gave into the dark side, and got it killed.

Oh for what could have been.

It could never have been anything but the trash it was as long as Kennedy was running the show.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2024 at 16:26, FloatingFatMan said:

It could never have been anything but the trash it was as long as Kennedy was running the show.

I know we disagree about fandom and what it can mean, how change is accepted by some and differently by others.  But on this, I fully agree - Kennedy is the problem with Star Wars.  She is elevated beyond all reason just by being Lucas's handpicked heir to the empire - but show me one show she has been behind that hasn't leant into the overplayed "female lead role can do no wrong" except they are horrendously written.  There are a lot of very talented people associated with recent Star Wars, but she negates so much of their contribution with her single-minded view on "Let's make Star Wars for little girls who need strong female role models" - at the cost of good characterisation and storytelling.

On 24/08/2024 at 16:44, Dick Montage said:

I know we disagree about fandom and what it can mean, how change is accepted by some and differently by others.  But on this, I fully agree - Kennedy is the problem with Star Wars.  She is elevated beyond all reason just by being Lucas's handpicked heir to the empire - but show me one show she has been behind that hasn't leant into the overplayed "female lead role can do no wrong" except they are horrendously written.  There are a lot of very talented people associated with recent Star Wars, but she negates so much of their contribution with her single-minded view on "Let's make Star Wars for little girls who need strong female role models" - at the cost of good characterisation and storytelling.

Exactly, but more than that, she actively inteferes with Favreau and Filoni.  Boba Fett was doing OK until she interfered with it and next thing we knew we had Space Mods on Space Vesta's and Favreau was forced to dump the ending and bring in some Mandalorian episodes to try to save it...

• Love 1

On 24/08/2024 at 16:47, FloatingFatMan said:

she actively inteferes with Favreau and Filoni

And it's tolerated - lord knows why because I've enjoyed almost everything F&F have put out!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Side note: If you've never seen the How It Should Have Ended series of videos... check it out, some pretty hilarious stuff.  Plenty of running gags from episode to episode as well.