Neowin site slow

On 11/04/2024 at 14:57, adrynalyne said:

I’m sure Neowin is making bank off of grey market keys. 

That dig is harsh. Most of us users of tech sites use ad blocking services. Seeing sponsored content 'articles' is a small price to pay to help keep the site running. I still believe Neowin should run an annual fund raising drive...as long as it's anonymous. 

On 11/04/2024 at 18:33, Jumping Jacinta said:

That dig is harsh. Most of us users of tech sites use ad blocking services. Seeing sponsored content 'articles' is a small price to pay to help keep the site running. I still believe Neowin should run an annual fund raising drive...as long as it's anonymous. 

I think they are above e-begging. I could see it being completely acceptable method if they weren’t  picking up revenue from elsewhere. There is traffic here that doesn’t block ads, there are subs and affiliate links. 

The dig was harsh, I agree. But them turning a blind eye to it isn’t a good look either. 

Posted (edited)
On 12/04/2024 at 11:47, adrynalyne said:

I think they are above e-begging. I could see it being completely acceptable method if they weren’t  picking up revenue from elsewhere. There is traffic here that doesn’t block ads, there are subs and affiliate links. 

The dig was harsh, I agree. But them turning a blind eye to it isn’t a good look either. 

Btw, the fund driving I'm referring to is what Ars Technica and Crooks and Liars run. Seriously Steven, set it up mate...as long as it's anonymous.

@adrynalyne, I don't know what else I can say to you. We are both reasonable people so let's agree to disagree on this point and move on.

• Like 4

On 11/04/2024 at 12:51, forster said:

Hmmm. This seems to be going on for a while, maybe @Warwagonis to blame. He looks a shifty sort. 

giphy.gif.4fbd5bfe495fbec2ebcffc17d79de847.gif

• Haha 2

On 11/04/2024 at 18:55, Jumping Jacinta said:

Btw, the fund driving I'm referring to is what Ars Technica and Crooks and Liars run. Seriously Steven, set it up mate...as long as it's anonymous.

@adrynalyne, I don't know what else I can say to you. We are both reasonable people so let's agree to disagree on this point and move on.

You know what, you are right. I just overdosed on a-hole pills this week.

@Steven P. I was out of line and apologize. That goes for @Jumping Jacintaand everyone else too.