iPhone 13 vs iPhone 14; which to choose?

I'm thinking of getting an iPhone as business phone. Not too fancy, so the Pro-version is not my preferred phone - and too expensive for my business usage.

The differences between the iPhone 13 and 14 are not that much, some better battery life and better cameras on the 14 (which I don't use very often for business purposes). The iPhone 14 has a smaller notch, but should not be that big a deal breaker.

How is the iOS update cycle, since it's the same A15 Bionic chip?
Can Apple make a difference to eventually excluded the iPhone 13 from the yearly iOS update cycle in benefit of only the iPhone 14? In that case... for the difference in price I get a year (maybe more) on iOS updates.

The answer is simple: You have queried longevity of support, so go for the newer model.

PERSONALLY I'd not go for anything other than 15, because why bring lightening cables into your house...

On 28/04/2024 at 21:22, Dick Montage said:

The answer is simple: You have queried longevity of support, so go for the newer model.

PERSONALLY I'd not go for anything other than 15, because why bring lightening cables into your house...

I know the newer the model, the longer the support. But since it's the same processor... hence this question.

All other Apple devices I have are -still- lightning, so based on that the 'older' form factor makes more sense to me now [or I need to change most of my Apple cables and/or connectors].

• Like 1

iPhone 13 and 14 have the same size notch. The iPhone 13 introduced the smaller notch (12 and older FaceID models had larger notch). There's  an action mode in the camera, but as you stated not important for your business purposes. Their SoC is similar though the 14 has one extra GPU core and 2 more GB of RAM. This probably won't translate to the 14 getting more updates, as the 14 has the same SoC as the 13 Pro. The difference isn't going to be negligible so I'd save the money and get the 13. I made the same choice, though I'm in the US - where the 14 is exclusively eSIM only.

The only worthwhile feature that the iPhone 14 has that the iPhone 13 doesn't is SOS over satellite.

On 28/04/2024 at 20:26, Mockingbird said:

The only worthwhile feature that the iPhone 14 has that the iPhone 13 doesn't is SOS over satellite.

As well as crash detection, 4K cinematic mode, BT 5.3, and (per Apple), better battery life. Worthwhile is a subjective word.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2024 at 05:43, adrynalyne said:

As well as crash detection, 4K cinematic mode, BT 5.3, and (per Apple), better battery life. Worthwhile is a subjective word.

Maybe for me only the battery life and BT 5.3 are reasons to switch to the iPhone 14 [and possibly the longer iOS updates, but that's not completely sure].
I guess I need to see what the price difference is, and if that's worth it for the "14 premium".