Singapore police jail woman based on data stored in car infotainment system!

Posted (edited)

Singapore police jail woman based on data stored in car infotainment system: it can happen here. - YouTube

Yet another prime example of why all those 24/7 "Connected"/"Smart" vehicles are a definite NO NO for me. If it doesn't have a physical Offline switch or operate 100% without the internet, it's simply a no go for me in this day and age that Minority Report is gradually becoming a reality.

Louis isn't wrong. Thankfully, the EU and UK already has such consumer data protection laws. The US really needs to catch up and get its own GDPR in place.

Posted (edited)
On 29/05/2024 at 15:21, FloatingFatMan said:

Louis isn't wrong. Thankfully, the EU and UK already has such consumer data protection laws. The US really needs to catch up and get its own GDPR in place.

Forget the U.S. This country is a lost cause when it comes to consumer protection.

Big business fully own and operate the Republicans and are well on the way with the Democrats as well.

It's a lost cause and the global population must watch the U.S fail in this area and take heed.

• Sad 1

On 29/05/2024 at 06:30, Jumping Jacinta said:

It's a lost cause and the global population must watch the U.S fail in this area and take heed.

Trust me when I say that the global population is indeed watching the US fail, and is desperately hoping that you don't go full retard in November...

An actual article for those who don't have to watch videos all day or are working--> https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/speedster-jailed-after-s-pore-police-tapped-data-from-in-car-system-in-first-case-her

On 28/05/2024 at 22:42, MrElectrifyer said:

Singapore police jail woman based on data stored in car infotainment system: it can happen here. - YouTube

Yet another prime example of why all those 24/7 "Connected"/"Smart" vehicles are a definite NO NO for me. If it doesn't have a physical Offline switch or operate 100% without the internet, it's simply a no go for me in this day and age that Minority Report is gradually becoming a reality.

Internet connection wasn't relevant in this case as they had to physically access the device to get the information. With cameras everywhere and radar devices it's easy enough for localities to write as many speeding tickets they would like already. It's crazy they spent a year on a "possible" speeding offense and worse that it's apparently a criminal offense in Singapore. I need more details on why they were so keen to prosecute this woman. What we need is laws to protect our privacy and rights.

Posted (edited)
On 28/05/2024 at 23:21, FloatingFatMan said:

Although here in Canada our government often follows in the foot steps of our neighbors down South, I'm really glad we at least followed the EU in implementing something like GDPR; Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).

On 29/05/2024 at 07:43, Good Bot, Bad Bot said:

Internet connection wasn't relevant in this case as they had to physically access the device to get the information. With cameras everywhere and radar devices it's easy enough for localities to write as many speeding tickets they would like already. It's crazy they spent a year on a "possible" speeding offense and worse that it's apparently a criminal offense in Singapore. I need more details on why they were so keen to prosecute this woman. What we need is laws to protect our privacy and rights.

True, internet connection would only make things far worse with such data being collected in real time. The very fact that "smart" vehicles are storing such information for that long with no option to delete them is the major concern in this case. As for the reason it took a year or more, your guess is as good as mine...

Edited by MrElectrifyer

Posted (edited)
On 29/05/2024 at 03:34, FloatingFatMan said:

Trust me when I say that the global population is indeed watching the US fail, and is desperately hoping that you don't go full retard in November...

The country already went that way for at least the past 4 years.  We're faced with two of the worst possible candidates imaginable, so it'll only get worse no matter who gets elected.  That's unless both of them die of old age before November...  We can only hope.
It's embarrassing that we've allowed braindead morons run the country.  But let's say we did have a better candidate to pick from, say a golden retriever dog.  That dog is still going to be manipulated by big business and all the bribes that come along with it.  As much as us citizens would like to see data protection and privacy taken more seriously, that's nearly an impossible battle because it's an endless money train in the US capitalist stronghold.

On 29/05/2024 at 15:43, Astra.Xtreme said:

We're faced with two of the worst possible candidates imaginable

Oh please... Biden might not be Mr Perfect, but he's an intelligent and experienced statesman who's past 4 years in office have been filled with rather a lot of work repairing much of the damage that Trump caused. There's absolutely no way can you compare Biden to the utter nightmare that disgusting rapist was and is.

As for being braindead, I'm pretty sure Biden's a lot smarter than random internet denizens who have to resort childish name calling in a vain effort to bring them down...  

Regarding data protection; you can have that sure, if you stop the corporate interests from running your country.  Try voting for honest people for a change... Might help.

Posted (edited)
On 29/05/2024 at 10:47, FloatingFatMan said:

Oh please... Biden might not be Mr Perfect, but he's an intelligent and experienced statesman who's past 4 years in office have been filled with rather a lot of work repairing much of the damage that Trump caused. There's absolutely no way can you compare Biden to the utter nightmare that disgusting rapist was and is.

As for being braindead, I'm pretty sure Biden's a lot smarter than random internet denizens who have to resort childish name calling in a vain effort to bring them down...  

Regarding data protection; you can have that sure, if you stop the corporate interests from running your country.  Try voting for honest people for a change... Might help.

That's nothing but pure ignorance...  I'd love to hear all your thoughts about the "damage" Trump did.  He wasn't a good president by any means, but to say he damaged the country is as stupid as it gets.  You don't even live here, so clearly all your thoughts are fed to you by whatever trash media you're reading...  Biden has struggled to string together a sentence for years and it's been getting worse. He's an embarrassment even more so than Trump was.  I get it; You absolutely hate the orange man and you're all in on being a simp for Biden and making excuses for every idiotic thing he says and does.
I guess you'll just turn a blind eye to the insane spending, inflation, and immigration issues that Biden is blatantly screwing this country with.  There's no such thing as voting for "honest people" in politics, but we do want somebody that will put this country first.  Clearly Biden isn't that.  He'd rather tax the death out of the middle and upper classes and dole out that money to international wars and illegal immigrants.  Why would I vote for somebody that doesn't care at all about me as a citizen and just wants to tax the death out of me at no benefit to me?  I'd rather vote for the golden retriever than Biden or Trump, but unfortunately we have to choose between both pieces of sh*t.

On 29/05/2024 at 11:47, FloatingFatMan said:

honest people don't run... they know to stay out of that train wreck.....

On 29/05/2024 at 13:57, Astra.Xtreme said:

That's nothing but pure ignorance...  I'd love to hear all your thoughts about the "damage" Trump did.  He wasn't a good president by any means, but to say he damaged the country is as stupid as it gets.  

So, his mishandling and lying about the pandemic didn't damage this country?  How about his vindictive nature in dividing this country even more?  How about losing the most jobs of any president?  Getting Roe vs. Wade repealed?

Biden has struggled to string together a sentence for years and it's been getting worse. He's an embarrassment even more so than Trump was.

Wow, you think Biden supposed cognitive problems are worse than Trumps.  Wow.

I guess you'll just turn a blind eye to the insane spending, inflation, and immigration issues that Biden is blatantly screwing this country with.

You can't repair and make things better without spending...  Inflation, is it worse than it was the same time last year or the year before that?  Stores like Target and Walmart are finally admitting to price gauging and are rolling back prices to lure customers back.  Immigration has been a problem long before Biden.  The Trump administration did nothing but wasted money on building a wall that could be cut easily with power tools or scaled with a simple latter.  The republicans had a comprehensive bill to tackle this problem but won't vote on it because it would ruin their changes of possibly winning in November, disgusting that the party is more important than the country then turn around and blame Bidne for it.

Bidne has record breaking jobs numbers at times beating expectations, wage increases, GDP, record unemployment.

He'd rather tax the death out of the middle and upper classes and dole out that money to international wars and illegal immigrants.  Why would I vote for somebody that doesn't care at all about me as a citizen and just wants to tax the death out of me at no benefit to me?

How is he taxing the death out of you?  FYI, Trump doesn't care about you as all, just look at how he handled the pandemic, look how he treats Blue states vs. Red states ,want to get rid of social security and medicare.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/05/2024 at 14:50, primortal said:

So, his mishandling and lying about the pandemic didn't damage this country?  How about his vindictive nature in dividing this country even more?  How about losing the most jobs of any president?  Getting Roe vs. Wade repealed?

What damage?  Did he personally kill all those people?  No...  He left it up to the individual states on how to handle the restrictions.
Did he spend a ton of money to help all the people that got laid off?  Yeah, and I'd agree if you said that spending was reckless and jolted the country further into debt.  The alternate would have been to let people default on their loans, and of course you'd whine about that being all Trump's fault too.
Saying he damaged the country during a global pandemic that's never been seen before is laughably stupid logic...  As if anybody else would have caused a dramatically different outcome...  Biden came in down during the closed stages of it, and what did he do?  Nothing... Oh wait, he wanted to force everybody to get vaccinated or else lose their job.  What's the big deal about Roe vs Wade?  You do know what that meant, right?  All it said was the feds don't have the power to make a ruling on it, and therefore the states do.  The lefty news stations twisted the story and brainwashed people into thinking the ruling mean that abortions were banned.  People are just too dumb to  interpret what it actually meant.  Kind of ironic how the left was so hell bent on everybody getting vaxxed by force, but discussions about abortions were so despicable.  Hypocrites...

Wow, you think Biden supposed cognitive problems are worse than Trumps.  Wow.

Where's your proof that Trump is as mentally braindead as Biden?  Seriously, show some proof.  Trump is a headcase and has an awful personality, but he's still coherent.  Biden gets lost on the stage, mumbles about nonsense, and can't have a single speech without a mishap.  He's a smart guy, but he's mentally unfit and not all there anymore.  He shouldn't be president solely because of his health...  There badly needs to be age limits on POTUS.

You can't repair and make things better without spending...  Inflation, is it worse than it was the same time last year or the year before that?  Stores like Target and Walmart are finally admitting to price gauging and are rolling back prices to lure customers back.  Immigration has been a problem long before Biden.  The Trump administration did nothing but wasted money on building a wall that could be cut easily with power tools or scaled with a simple latter.  The republicans had a comprehensive bill to tackle this problem but won't vote on it because it would ruin their changes of possibly winning in November, disgusting that the party is more important than the country then turn around and blame Bidne for it.

There has been record inflation under Biden and you can't possibly deny those facts.  And what did he do?  Spend insane amounts of money on off shore things that don't benefit us at all.  If he's going to ###### away money, do it on our economy and our people.  Corporate greed played a part, but economics 101 is that spending devalues the currency and increases inflation.  He battled it by increasing the interest rates a bunch of times and now homeownership is out of reach for many people.  So inflation continues to be an issue, household incomes are decreasing, interest rates keep going up, and you think Biden did an amazing job?  You've been poisoned by some wicked strong kool-aid...

Bidne has record breaking jobs numbers at times beating expectations, wage increases, GDP, record unemployment.

Yeah, he rode the recovery from the pandemic... Good job.  We're still hearing about things finally getting back to pre-covid levels.  Biden didn't create any of those jobs.  They simply retracted back to before the pandemic hit.  He's also getting the benefit of the largest workforce generation retiring.  So obviously the employment numbers will appear to look great, but it's because the baby boomers retired and those jobs are either being eliminated or filled by the smaller generations.  Household incomes are decreasing, which makes home ownership unreachable for more people.  That's not something to be proud of.

How is he taxing the death out of you?  FYI, Trump doesn't care about you as all, just look at how he handled the pandemic, look how he treats Blue states vs. Red states ,want to get rid of social security and medicare.

Not sure where you've been but Biden has major tax increases on the table.  Expiring tax cuts will hurt the average Joe and when small businesses have a higher tax burden, it certainly will impact jobs and wages.  It'll only get worse as he tries to spend more money on wars, wiping away student loans, funding all the illegals that are flooding in, and whatever other handouts he wants to bribe his voter base with.  You guys parrot the same non-sense about social security and Medicare before every election...  Since when has any politician said they want to get rid of it?  Nobody buys that BS, so stop trying to spread that lie...

• Facepalm 2

I'm no US citizen, but all I can say is you guys have choices outside of those 2 trigger-happy/genocide-supporting candidates:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/us/politics/presidential-candidates-2024.html

Look more into the alternatives and inform your friends/family about them. Sure, they're not as popular, but as we've seen again and again, popularity doesn't equate to good presidency.

Posted (edited)
On 29/05/2024 at 16:35, Astra.Xtreme said:

What damage?  Did he personally kill all those people?  No...  He left it up to the individual states on how to handle the restrictions.
Did he spend a ton of money to help all the people that got laid off?  Yeah, and I'd agree if you said that spending was reckless and jolted the country further into debt.  The alternate would have been to let people default on their loans, and of course you'd whine about that being all Trump's fault too.
Saying he damaged the country during a global pandemic that's never been seen before is laughably stupid logic...  As if anybody else would have caused a dramatically different outcome...  Biden came in down during the closed stages of it, and what did he do?  Nothing... Oh wait, he wanted to force everybody to get vaccinated or else lose their job.  What's the big deal about Roe vs Wade?  You do know what that meant, right?  All it said was the feds don't have the power to make a ruling on it, and therefore the states do.  The lefty news stations twisted the story and brainwashed people into thinking the ruling mean that abortions were banned.  People are just too dumb to  interpret what it actually meant.  Kind of ironic how the left was so hell bent on everybody getting vaxxed by force, but discussions about abortions were so despicable.  Hypocrites...

Where's your proof that Trump is as mentally braindead as Biden?  Seriously, show some proof.  Trump is a headcase and has an awful personality, but he's still coherent.  Biden gets lost on the stage, mumbles about nonsense, and can't have a single speech without a mishap.  He's a smart guy, but he's mentally unfit and not all there anymore.  He shouldn't be president solely because of his health...  There badly needs to be age limits on POTUS.

There has been record inflation under Biden and you can't possibly deny those facts.  And what did he do?  Spend insane amounts of money on off shore things that don't benefit us at all.  If he's going to ###### away money, do it on our economy and our people.  Corporate greed played a part, but economics 101 is that spending devalues the currency and increases inflation.  He battled it by increasing the interest rates a bunch of times and now homeownership is out of reach for many people.  So inflation continues to be an issue, household incomes are decreasing, interest rates keep going up, and you think Biden did an amazing job?  You've been poisoned by some wicked strong kool-aid...

Yeah, he rode the recovery from the pandemic... Good job.  We're still hearing about things finally getting back to pre-covid levels.  Biden didn't create any of those jobs.  They simply retracted back to before the pandemic hit.  He's also getting the benefit of the largest workforce generation retiring.  So obviously the employment numbers will appear to look great, but it's because the baby boomers retired and those jobs are either being eliminated or filled by the smaller generations.  Household incomes are decreasing, which makes home ownership unreachable for more people.  That's not something to be proud of.

Not sure where you've been but Biden has major tax increases on the table.  Expiring tax cuts will hurt the average Joe and when small businesses have a higher tax burden, it certainly will impact jobs and wages.  It'll only get worse as he tries to spend more money on wars, wiping away student loans, funding all the illegals that are flooding in, and whatever other handouts he wants to bribe his voter base with.  You guys parrot the same non-sense about social security and Medicare before every election...  Since when has any politician said they want to get rid of it?  Nobody buys that BS, so stop trying to spread that lie...

Trump personally killed everyone he lied to about covid. (Just like the people who egg on suicidal people, misdirecting fools counts.) Twist the logic in your brain, don't try to affect reality with your nonsense.

Trump's economy was riding Obama's policies, when Trump's plans started affecting us, he was on the way out, Biden took oven and even before any legislation could be done, the economy, running on Trumps policies still, was getting worse, Biden turned that around, which is what we've been seeing this year, with record job growth, and record stock market numbers. Biden did the best he can with the GoP constantly holding us back in congress. The job numbers are higher than pre pandemic levels, and grew at record breaking levels, a simple post pandemic correction wouldn't do that.

Abortions are banned in those states, talking like the ruling didn't, and isn't, affecting lives doesn't give you the high ground, it should be a protected right. Not hard to figure out that you support that torture on women.

Trump is more brain dead than Biden, as Biden isn't braindead, you just love watching edited videos of his gaffes due to a known speech impediment.

Bidens major tax increases are actually trumps, as trumps permanent tax cuts are only for the rich, everyone else had time limited cuts that end up HIGHER when they expire this year.

Republicans don't constantly talk about cutting social security? Are you sure you aren't trying to avoid looking?

Trump doesn't support your rights.

Not your right to protest: https://truthout.org/articles/trump-tells-donors-hell-deport-any-student-who-protests-against-gaza-genocide/

He would take guns first and ask question later: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-take-firearms-first/ (i actually support this, but republican gun nuts cannot accept it)

He purposely removed oversight on PPP loans so people abused the ###### out of it: https://www.seattletimes.com/business/trump-sidelines-watchdog-tapped-for-virus-rescue-oversight/

Any temporary relief you felt under him is the exact same reason you feel pressure under any dem, companies purposely make our lives worse so they have chances at lower taxes under a gop president. You'll notice that gas companies have lower profit margins under republicans presidents, but higher prices AND record profits under democratic ones.

Edited by SierraSonic
  • Like 2

On 29/05/2024 at 16:57, MrElectrifyer said:

I'm no US citizen, but all I can say is you guys have choices outside of those 2 trigger-happy/genocide-supporting candidates:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/us/politics/presidential-candidates-2024.html

Look more into the alternatives and inform your friends/family about them. Sure, they're not as popular, but as we've seen again and again, popularity doesn't equate to good presidency.

Biden has called for a ceasefire and condemned actions, what does anyone really expect him to do, not send an aid package he has no control over (congress does), declare war on Israel? There's only one choice, Biden, as any other vote only helps the dotard.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2024 at 17:35, Astra.Xtreme said:

Seriously, that's your spin, "he personally didn't kill all those people"?  He lambasted wearing a mask because it messed up his makeup and red states followed his direction.  Guess what, the majority that died from COVID were in red states without mask mandates whereas Blue states with mask mandates faired much better.  Trump thought t was best to have states compete for equipment and supplies.  I can go on for pages the ######-ups he did during the pandemic.

What's the big deal about Roe vs Wade?  You do know what that meant, right? All it said was the feds don't have the power to make a ruling on it, and therefore the states do.  The lefty news stations twisted the story and brainwashed people into thinking the ruling mean that abortions were banned.  People are just too dumb to  interpret what it actually meant.  Kind of ironic how the left was so hell bent on everybody getting vaxxed by force, but discussions about abortions were so despicable.  Hypocrites...

The reversal of Roe vs. Wade took the power away from the government to protect the women right to choose so now Red states are treating women's bodies as property they have control over and banning abortions with no exceptions, preventing women from traveling out of state for abortions and now looking to create a national registry on women who are pregnant to make sure they stay pregnant.  Reversing Roe vs. Wade opened Pandoria's box and the republicans are all giddy about what they can do to control women.

I don't deny those facts and let me ask you, what caused the inflation?  What country didn't have record inflation?  You might want to read, https://www.aier.org/article/does-government-spending-lead-to-inflation/.  So, if the we didn't increase the interest rates and left things as it you'd be bitching were in a recession and it's all Biden's fault for not doing anything about it.  You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Sure let's leave it up to Trump who bankrupt how many businesses, scammed people with Trump University and runs a social media site that is hemorrhaging money every quarter.

Also look at past history, the US economy has always grown stronger with a democratic president than a republican president and you can't dispute those facts.

Don't forget a lot of businesses shuttered because of the pandemic and never came back and new business started up requiring employees.  Regardless of what generation retired, jobs are jobs and the job numbers are a great sign of a strong economy.  Again, we could be worse off and struggling with a recession.

Inflation is still receding; grocery prices are dropping and will continue to do so for the time being.  There's still a lot of greed out there and that's the biggest problem.

Not sure where you've been but Biden has major tax increases on the table. 

Source?

Expiring tax cuts will hurt the average Joe and when small businesses have a higher tax burden, it certainly will impact jobs and wages.  It'll only get worse as he tries to spend more money on wars, wiping away student loans, funding all the illegals that are flooding in, and whatever other handouts he wants to bribe his voter base with. 

The expiring tax cuts were Trump's gif to the rich coming back to bite us in the ass.

You guys parrot the same non-sense about social security and Medicare before every election...

Just like republicans' parrot immigration problems every election cycle.  I can't wait for the "caravan of immigrants" rhetoric in the months before the election that mysteriously disappear right after the election.

Since when has any politician said they want to get rid of it?

Let me rephrase, cut social security and Medicare which is the kind way of getting rid of them, https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics/trump-entitlements-social-security-medicare/index.html  We all know it's the republican wet dream to get rid of them.

Mods, can we move these threads to the proper place being they are completely off topic for this thread?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where's your proof that Trump is as mentally braindead as Biden?  Seriously, show some proof.

Oh, show me some proof on Biden... 

Trump, https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-dementia-evidence-overwhelming-top-psychiatrist-1881247

On 29/05/2024 at 16:16, SierraSonic said:

Biden has called for a ceasefire and condemned actions, what does anyone really expect him to do, not send an aid package he has no control over (congress does), declare war on Israel? There's only one choice, Biden, as any other vote only helps the dotard.

Uhm, denial of the genocide isn't condeming it, that's more in support of it:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/20/biden-gaza-not-genocide-israel-00159020

He may not have control over congress, but he sure has control over his tongue.

On 29/05/2024 at 18:42, MrElectrifyer said:

Uhm, denial of the genocide isn't condeming it, that's more in support of it:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/20/biden-gaza-not-genocide-israel-00159020

He may not have control over congress, but he sure has control over his tongue.

Yea, the bar for declaring a genocide is higher with international implications. Maybe understand what declaring that but then not doing anything about it would do (as congress wont and while he can mobilize the army for limited deployments, it wont happen.) Biden is at least verbally against these actions. Maybe realize that Trump would also simply NOT do anything, or even give the go ahead for further action to Israel, leading to more civilian deaths, which he'd enjoy, if you really want to argue for any person that gives trump any voting leverage.

Posted (edited)
On 30/05/2024 at 06:43, SierraSonic said:

Yea, the bar for declaring a genocide is higher with international implications. Maybe understand what declaring that but then not doing anything about it would do (as congress wont and while he can mobilize the army for limited deployments, it wont happen.) Biden is at least verbally against these actions. Maybe realize that Trump would also simply NOT do anything, or even give the go ahead for further action to Israel, leading to more civilian deaths, which he'd enjoy, if you really want to argue for any person that gives trump any voting leverage.

Right, a higher bar than the International Criminal Court, as if the US is above the law. If it were happening to you for just 1 day, something that's been going on for decades in Palestine, I'm sure you wouldn't actually wait for that bar to be reached before calling it what it actually is. Condeming it and putting an end to weapon supply to Israel is enough action from the US, no need to send any troops anywhere, but I guess exploiting the resources of other nations under the disguise of war is typical for the US.

For the record, I'm aware Trump won't be any better, I'm not supporting that trigger-happy guy that's campaigning with deporting protesters from the US. I'm saying to look at the alternatives.

Edited by MrElectrifyer

Posted (edited)
On 30/05/2024 at 09:58, MrElectrifyer said:

Right, a higher bar than the International Criminal Court, as if the US is above the law. If it were happening to you for just 1 day, something that's been going on for decades in Palestine, I'm sure you wouldn't actually wait for that bar to be reached before calling it what it actually is. Condeming it and putting an end to weapon supply to Israel is enough action from the US, no need to send any troops anywhere, but I guess exploiting the resources of other nations under the disguise of war is typical for the US.

For the record, I'm aware Trump won't be any better, I'm not supporting that trigger-happy guy that's campaigning with deporting protesters from the US. I'm saying to look at the alternatives.

I didn't say I didn't consider it one. I just don't think we're ready to give up the only ally in the region we really have, with the weapons and money we gave, makes for great diplomacy. Again, there's only so much the president can do to override congress. My point is that alternatives this cycle aren't even going to win 1% of the EC vote but can swing the win to the dotard.