Cannot appear to install Media Feature Pack in Windows 11 Pro 23H2

General information

I am running Windows 11 Pro 23H2.

Settings > System > About shows: 'Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1020.0"

The problem

When I try to run the PS Remote Play installer, I get the following:

message1.png.9cb0c89e5f037cb3e60a487661a7c15d.png

"To use PS Remote Play, update your computer's OS to the latest version, and the install the Media Feature Pack from Microsoft. Click [OK] to open your web browser to a site where you can download the Media Feature Pack. https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/mediaFeaturePack.html"

Things I have tried

There are no results for "Media Feature Pack" within Settings > System > Optional features > Add an optional feature

'Media Features' is ticked within Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off

'DISM /Online /Get-Capabilities' within PowerShell does not bring up a MediaFeaturePack line, so I can not enable it that way.

The URL in the error message takes me to: Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3145500) but nothing on that website seems to help.

Any ideas?

On 27/06/2024 at 16:35, Nick H. said:

I've just installed it from here with no issues. Windows 11 Pro 23H2.

That's fine, but I get the error message in my posted screenshot.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was able to install and run the program without being prompted to install the Media Feature Pack.

Have you used one of those "debloater" tools, or removed any Microsoft "features"? Or are you running a completely vanilla Windows 11 Pro 23H2?

Installing 'Windows Media Player Legacy (App)' within Settings > System > Optional features > Add an optional feature fixed the problem 👍🏻