Wireless mouse randomly freezes for a few seconds

Logitech m317c, and it randomly freezes for a few seconds and it doesn't appear to have anything to do with running processes/applications. It just recently started doing this and I can not figure out what could be causing it. I have run SFC on the system just in case it was a corrupt driver or file that was causing it, but it did not find any problems. I have tried different USB ports for the adapter and it has made no difference. Does anybody have any idea of what I could check or what might be causing this issue?

By any chance, have you checked its batteries?

I've had similar models that did the same and faulty batteries were the culprit.

• Thanks 1

I think we solved this before. Or something like it.

I have a Logitech M137. I had this problem, too. I had problems with freezes with the back of my computer.

I currently have the adapter on my keyboard's pass-through.

Like @Jose_49said, check the battery.

Do you also have a USB hub on your monitor? That might help. Also, a regular USB hub should help, too..

On 05/07/2024 at 09:11, Jose_49 said:

By any chance, have you checked its batteries?

I've had similar models that did the same and faulty batteries were the culprit.

You know after I posted this, I decided maybe the battery was the issue, so I replaced it, and so far, no more freezing!

On 05/07/2024 at 10:27, Astral said:

What kind of distance is between the adapter and the mouse itself?

Maybe 5 to 10 feet

• Like 3