Retro Software…

Question

Hello,

The https://www.neowin.net/news/ex-microsoft-executive-flaunts-the-first-ever-copy-of-windows-95/ news article got me thinking about some of the "legacy" boxed software I still have, so I thought I'd share some pictures of older boxed software:

IMG_20240709_224956375.thumb.jpg.9f704bbbf69a2cffd31ad7c70bef06d0.jpg

IMG_20240709_224943966_HDR.thumb.jpg.88e34401a3d61bb0bd7bc6fc6e13a029.jpg

What old, boxed software do you still have lying around?  Feel free to share your photos, too!

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5 answers to this question

Nice to see boxed copies of PC-DOS. I only have a few and they're in storage so I don't have photos - but I have a shrinkwrapped copy of Windows 3.0 (plus an open one), and Visual Basic 1.0 which came on a whopping 2 floppy disks.

I've got several beta CDs from Microsoft (I was a beta tester for them from 94-2000) and I've got my boxed copy of OS2/Warp.  There are still large businesses that use OS2/Warp in their production facilities, hence the reason I still have a copy.

Man, those pictures remind me of doing a clearout of our department's cupboards...so many things that the team were unable to explain to me why we still kept them...so we threw them out. :laugh: