Windows slow death after remove defender

Everytime I uninstall windows defender in every computer, computer suddenly becomes unstable and unuseable? Why

to remove process from the ram, and make computer faster, but after removing it, it's like infested

with some sort of nasty virus crawling and swimming in the OS, even though it havent detected anything when it was installed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You get what you pay for.........

On 10/07/2024 at 21:58, f-405sb said:

to remove process from the ram, and make computer faster, but after removing it, it's like infested

with some sort of nasty virus crawling and swimming in the OS, even though it havent detected anything when it was installed

Just to be clear: you uninstall something that is defending you against viruses and the like, and then you get annoyed when viruses and the like infest your system?

Leave Defender installed. It doesn't take up much RAM anyway.

Posted (edited)

not only slow but also painful, slow and painful death. All I have to do now is reformat the computer and reinstall windows.

and all files games obliterated and blow up to existence

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2024 at 22:20, f-405sb said:

not only slow but also painful, slow and painful death. All I have to do not is reformat the computer and reinstall windows.

and all files games obliterated and blow up to existence

Don't uninstall it. Job done, no need to format every other day.

At which point is 130MB of RAM important to lose compared to making your system inoperable? What would you do with that 130MB?

• Like 1

no need to worry, i have everything fixed now. ☺️ When defender uninstalled feels like a crappy laggy computer.

• Haha 1

I never noticed any obvious issues as when I occasionally use Win10 (IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 (supported until Jan 2032 which regular Win10 is only until Oct 2025)) in a QEMU/KVM virtual machine on my Linux computer as I disable Defender since anti-virus just potentially gets in the way of what I may do. so in my case it's not worth dealing with AV for what little it 'may' help when it's more likely it will just get in my way. so just being cautious on what one allows to run on it my chances of it getting a virus is slim enough to where I don't worry. having it disabled ensures it does not get in the way of what I do.

with that said... I would not suggest disabling anti-virus for any random person though.

On 10/07/2024 at 13:39, f-405sb said:

Everytime I uninstall windows defender in every computer, computer suddenly becomes unstable and unuseable? Why

Not going to lecture about right or wrong with the security software, your system your rules. But are you using one of the preview builds like LTSC 2024 or the like? There's an issue where if you disable Defender some stuff (mostly installs) get ridiculously slow, need to disable Smart App Control too. Merge this to disable that too.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CI\Policy]
"VerifiedAndReputablePolicyState"=dword:00000000

"Regular" versions though no, shouldn't have any weirdness disabling it. Just turn it off in the security app then use Defender Control to make sure it doesn't come back. Again, that's on you, etc etc.

Edited by Max Norris