Why Clear OS?

Clear Linux, developed by Intel, has proven to be one of the fastest and most efficient Linux distributions in various comparative benchmarks against other popular distributions like Ubuntu, Fedora, and Debian.

Benchmarks and Performance

General Performance: Clear Linux has consistently outperformed other distributions in general performance tests, especially on systems with modern hardware. This is due to its specific optimizations for x86_64 architectures.

CPU Performance: In CPU performance tests, such as Cpuminer-opt, Clear Linux has shown superior performance, especially in cryptographic algorithms.

HPC (High-Performance Computing) Performance: In benchmarks like miniBUDE HPC, Clear Linux has also stood out, showing notable efficiency in high-performance computing tasks.

Advantages of Clear Linux

Hardware-Specific Optimization: Clear Linux is specifically optimized for Intel hardware, allowing it to maximize the capabilities of modern processors.

Updates and Security: It offers frequent updates and a robust focus on security, ensuring the system is always up-to-date and protected against vulnerabilities.

Out-of-the-Box Performance: One of the greatest advantages of Clear Linux is its out-of-the-box performance. Without additional configurations, users can experience superior performance from the initial installation.

Support for Containers and Virtualization: Clear Linux includes advanced support for container and virtualization technologies, making it ideal for modern development and production environments.

Any distro has all those things. Not sure what's "special" about any distro. They all have their highs and lows.

It's a very nice distro, focused on Intel optimizations (which did give AMD a boost too) and their focus on security with a minimalist desktop / apps.
I was looking for a basic, secure, optimized Linux distro for web browsing that gets security updates on older laptops.
I've found, however, more driver issues when compared to Ubuntu that I didn't want to troubleshoot on some laptops.
It suppose to support Intel cpu's as far back as Sandy Bridge / 2xxx series chips.

Via their site https://www.clearlinux.org/about.html

"Clear Linux OS has an automated tool that is constantly scanning for CVEs, which are patched accordingly."
"This strict separation between User and System files allows for easier manageability and simplifying customization."

Keep in mind their focus isn’t LotD, but servers. So don’t expect to be high priority when it comes to issues. It is very fast but it’s also lacking on some packages and what not compared to other desktop oriented distros. I ran it for a bit; was pretty nice.