Trump vs Biden Poll

The Donald Trump vs Joe Biden Poll  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for Donald Trump or Joe Biden?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • I'd vote for someone else
    • I just wouldn't vote.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/11/24 at 05:59

What a great choice you have to vote for in November ... the big orange pillock that was your President vs the re-animated corpse that currently is!

On 18/07/2024 at 18:08, Jumping Jacinta said:

Is this an anonymous poll?

Just to confirm, staff - such as myself - can see the individual votes. But none of us would publicize the choices people make. If people choose to say what they chose, that's different. For example:

On 18/07/2024 at 22:42, ThaCrip said:

The Great MAGA King (i.e. Donald J Trump)

Posts like this answer the question, "why do people think MAGA is a cult?" One wouldn't use the same kind of terminology for other preferences. "The all-powerful stout God (i.e. Guinness)."

On 19/07/2024 at 11:39, Accuphase said:

You call yourself “Dick Montage” and we are meant to believe you’re intelligent?! 🍿😂

You judge people on a comedic username that you have no awareness of the purpose behind, and I am meant to care?

I'm not an American, and neither candidate are great, but if I had to vote for one then Joe Biden is the only real choice, the alternative is just a lot worse and unlike the last time Trump was in power, I don't think he will make the same mistakes when it comes to trying to consolidate power in the US, the mood is already being set with the attempted assassination, whether staged or not, it doesn't matter, it could very well have an impact of shifting voters in favour of Trump and could also give him a freer hand to do as he wants.

Basically, if I was an American, I would watch very closely on what he tries to do to the institutions when it comes to consolidating power, on his last term, Trump honestly thought he was going to win a second term, but he already planted the seed in case he didn't win it to say it was fixed against him, he'll likely do the same this time around but unlike the last term, I don't think Trump will waste much time in trying to change the system in his favour, the warning signs were there on the last term but Trump thought he had more time with a second term to really implement the changes he wanted, if Trump wins again, I suspect he will go full steam ahead within the first year to try and implement the changes he wants.

In other words, keep a close eye on your institutions, because Trump could become a threat to US democracy if he's got enough angry voters that ignore the warning signs, and regardless of how strong a democracy likes to think they are, all systems can be corrupted and changed if the people allow it, high anger and emotions is a great way to do changes that are not in the public interest, history has shown how bad that can go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not even from the us, but I follow very closely the political landscape in so many countries, after the so called left began to destroy places that I admired back in 2010 and when they tried to implement politics in my games (I have a 7900XTX and rearely gets used in full power because modern AAA games are just political DEI crap, examples, Allan Wake II, The last of us II... anything that sweet baby inc has touched). I will not defend any politician because to some extend all of them are corrupt. However, if there is a dictatorship out there, is the one pertaining to the left in the form of corporate marxism (black rock).

There is Trudeau, Macron, Merkel, Pedro Sánchez, Cristina Fernández, Lopez Obrador (and now Sheinbawn)... and so on. All of them have destroyed every single place I liked back then, all of them have tried to push agendas and ways of thinking into the person, with no scientific basis at all other than emotion and populism, casting aside reason in favor of stuff like DEI (now BRIDGE) and 2030 agendas.

It is obvious to me that the problem itself is not so much the person in charge, but rather, whose agenda he is trying to implement and I would vote for anybody that does not try to force behavior change on the basis of emotion. In other words, I steer away from the left.

Edited by Arceles
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

I wish we had better options but will vote for Biden if he doesn't drop out or whoever does step in if he does drop out. Trump is not an option which should be for obvious reasons. The right is going to be a minority in most places just not Neowin. The majority of people are left or center/independent in the US and not far right.

On 19/07/2024 at 14:20, Arceles said:

I'm not even from the us, but I follow very closely the political landscape in so many countries, after the so called left began to destroy places that I admired back in 2010 and when they tried to implement politics in my games (I have a 7900XTX and rearely gets used in full power because modern AAA games are just political DEI crap, examples, Allan Wake II, The last of us II... anything that sweet baby inc has touched). I will not defend any politician because to some extend all of them are corrupt. However, if there is a dictatorship out there, is the one pertaining to the left in the form of corporate marxism (black rock).

There is Trudeau, Macron, Merkel, Pedro Sánchez, Cristina Fernández, Lopez Obrador (and now Sheinbawn)... and so on. All of them have destroyed every single place I liked back then, all of them have tried to push agendas and ways of thinking into the person, with no scientific basis at all other than emotion and populism, casting aside reason in favor of stuff like DEI (now BRIDGE) and 2030 agendas.

It is obvious to me that the problem itself is not so much the person in charge, but rather, whose agenda he is trying to implement and I would vote for anybody that does not try to force behavior change on the basis of emotion. In other words, I steer away from the left.

"and we are meant to believe you’re intelligent?"

On 19/07/2024 at 08:03, Dick Montage said:

"and we are meant to believe you’re intelligent?"

And I am to believe that you are?

I know what I know, given that in fact I was a real scientist at certain point in time. You are free to further read... because at the end is that, information. Go, fetch it and process it, the data is there, the manipulated data is there too. Exercise critical thinking then come to your own conclusion. I'm not here to do your work as a responsible adult.

On 19/07/2024 at 15:10, Arceles said:

And I am to believe that you are?

Again, I don't care what you believe.  You laid out your reasons for what you believe and they were uninformed and laughable.

I know what I know

A phrase uttered by the willfully ignorant.

given that in fact I was a real scientist at certain point in time

As am I - which has no bearing upon my comprehension of politics or geopolitical leanings.

You are free to further read... because at the end is that, information. Go, fetch it and process it, the data is there, the manipulated data is there too. Exercise critical thinking then come to your own conclusion. I'm not here to do your work as a responsible adult.

No, but you ARE responsible for posting utter self-pitying drivel in a public forum.  I like to remain educated and not use daft phrases like "I know what I know" to justify my lack of progress,

• Like 3

On 19/07/2024 at 08:29, Dick Montage said:

Again, I don't care what you believe.  You laid out your reasons for what you believe and they were uninformed and laughable.

A phrase uttered by the willfully ignorant.

As am I - which has no bearing upon my comprehension of politics or geopolitical leanings.

No, but you ARE responsible for posting utter self-pitying drivel in a public forum.  I like to remain educated and not use daft phrases like "I know what I know" to justify my lack of progress,

You see, the moment you resorted to ad-hominem you lost. So I really do not care. As I said before, you are to exercise critical thinking. I'm not doing that for you, no matter how much you whine.

On 19/07/2024 at 15:40, Arceles said:

You see, the moment you resorted to ad-hominem you lost.

You see, the moment you use that argument - you've fully disengaged and already lost.

On 19/07/2024 at 15:40, Arceles said:

you are to exercise critical thinking. I'm not doing that for you, no matter how much you whine

You're whining fella.  I am not taking "critical thinking" instruction from someone who only "knows what they know" - that would be fully contradictive.  You seek to write off massive swathes of commentary and label things as "left" and "right" to suit your narrative - and urge me to further investigate.  That's hilarious.

On 19/07/2024 at 07:45, Dick Montage said:

You see, the moment you use that argument - you've fully disengaged and already lost.

You're whining fella.  I am not taking "critical thinking" instruction from someone who only "knows what they know" - that would be fully contradictive.  You seek to write off massive swathes of commentary and label things as "left" and "right" to suit your narrative - and urge me to further investigate.  That's hilarious.

Wait until he breaks out the “morally superior” label😂

On 19/07/2024 at 09:08, adrynalyne said:

Wait until he breaks out the “morally superior” label😂

No need to, everybody that has seen or read your messages knows about it, at this point it is a dead horse, but you effort everyday more to be on it.

On 19/07/2024 at 08:26, Arceles said:

No need to, everybody that has seen or read your messages knows about it, at this point it is a dead horse, but you effort everyday more to be on it.

Right on cue. 🤡

i bet you voted for brexit

On 19/07/2024 at 09:49, Som said:

i bet you voted for brexit

Iḿ not from the UK.

On 19/07/2024 at 10:10, Arceles said:

Go, fetch it and process it, the data is there, the manipulated data is there too. Exercise critical thinking then come to your own conclusion.

If you're critical thinking only processing manipulated data (which is sound like you're doing) then your critical thinking is broken.

• Like 3

On 19/07/2024 at 10:12, primortal said:

If you're critical thinking only processing manipulated data (which is sound like you're doing) then your critical thinking is broken.

You have absolutely no basis on which to hold that.

• Facepalm 2

On 19/07/2024 at 12:14, Arceles said:

You have absolutely no basis on which to hold that.

Um, I do. 👇  

On 19/07/2024 at 09:20, Arceles said:

• Like 2

On 19/07/2024 at 10:16, primortal said:

Um, I do. 👇  

As I said again, I have read quite a bit of stuff in the matter, including some dubious journal papers which do not give a definitive conclusion on the stuff I talked in my post. Therefore I formed a conclusion based on the data that I observed in several places. If you want to prove it wrong, them I'm waiting for your journal papers, related to the topics I mentioned.

On 19/07/2024 at 16:58, Arceles said:

Iḿ not from the UK.

ha my bad, i read quoted text and that user was from the UK :P. I'll go back to sleep now. Also I think I'm gonna block all political threads on this forum and internet if possible from now on, I can't listen to 4 more years of trump. America is ######ed and I'm not overly sad about that considering the damage they did to the earth for the last 60 years. Unfortunately what happens in america usually trickles down to other "western" countries so we're all ######ed. Thanks for that. Hopefully europe can survive this madness 

• Like 3

On 19/07/2024 at 10:21, Dick Montage said:

I do find it amusing when closed minded people start talking about how educated they are.

More like fact driven, not emotional.

after the so called left began to destroy places that I admired back in 2010

Not emotional LOL