Wake on Lan, SSH and Smart Outlet App

image.png.df6b5ae63dbf4339dab11b96af01b3cf.png

image.png.7621dba08e1c56eb61d8124775bc3813.png

Video Demonstration
Damn, I really do have to get an extension code for that damn monitor power cable, it's an eye sore.

Version 1.5 Latest
Aug 28th, 2024

You may have to reselect your combination button colors when loading this new version.

Fix: When you edit a computer, the delete buttons now work next to the task.
New: You can now edit a combined button and delete previously added tasks

New: If you add Android Remote functionality to the home assistant and add your remote to this app, you can then turn your TV on or off by clicking "On" or "Off." You can also add this functionality to your existing combo buttons. 
New: The device and combo edit boxes are now long and easier to read.
New: When adding a new combo button, it starts off with only 1 task, in case you want to create a stationary button for only 1 task.

Version 1.3

I created this app with ChatGPT to create buttons for running SSH commands, schedule tasks and buttons for smart switches in Home Assistant.

This program also allows you to create a combination button that runs the tasks you choose with a click of a button.

When I click the button I created labeled "Leaving for Sara's" it does the following.

• Sends a shutdown command over SSH to turn off the computer, which runs the security cam monitor above my TV
  • Turns off my living room light
  • Turns off my projector in the theater (In case it was on)
  • Turns off my sound system in the theater (just in case it was on)
  • Turns off my basement light
  • Turns off my security cam feed on my security cam computer downstairs by running a scheduled task, which runs an autohotkey mouse script.
  • Turns off my callerID monitor next to my TV

Download

Source code and exe available

After adding your first home assistant device to the app, close and reopen the app.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/g38nhg8hlmrp4o0itje6i/AP9t3ZkLaxUS9FcCTPQbYYo?rlkey=mjqcu5wvz8yaw0qpusspd8ydx&st=mql8ggot&dl=0

• Like 3

Interesting app.

I could see that potentially working well as a mobile app. If you forget to turn things off before going out, you could VPN to your router, then turn everything off from your phone.

Or potentially even turn a few things on to make it look like your home on an evening if away for a few days.