FURY CTRL is really bad, switched to SignalRGB

Clean installed Windows 11 24H2 on my PC last week, and twice already FURY CTRL software has taken a huge dump, refusing to start properly.

What is it with peripheral companies producing such poor quality software? My Kingston FURY Renegade RGB sticks do not even hold a color between restarts, and the rainbow effect is so distracting to say the least, I really regret buying RGB memory because of this.. All I want is a solid color, as shown below:

20240707_103247.jpg

Anyway I looked for an alternative for the awful FURY CTRL software and came across SignalRGB as a working alternative https://www.signalrgb.com/

It also lets me disable control of some of the devices (even though it continues to moan that other software is controlling the lighting), because I prefer NZXT CAMs infographic, and it doesn't work if other programs are controlling that lighting.

However, be aware that SignalRGB is full of ads and tries to get you to upgrade to Pro ($4.99/month) which gives more effects and cooling profiles. However, I just use it to control the memory lighting.

Hopefully it's a good alternative, don't know yet because I literally just installed and set it up.

• Like 2

Same experience with most RGB control software I've used. SignalRGB works well but these days I leave mine on the default rainbow cycle. I would choose non rgb but most parts these days come with RGB.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2024 at 21:06, GeXeH said:

OpenRGB here, been using it for a while now - nothing too fancy but works for solid colors and free, etc.

Would have preferred that but it doesn't seem to work with my Kingston Fury Beast RGB.