Install error 0xc1900101 when trying to install the 24H2

Hello,

I have launched the install of the 24H2 from windows update, after the reboot i can see that it ahs failed with the install error 0xc1900101. My computer has a Ryzen 3 PRO 5350G, 8 Gb of DDR4 and a SSD of 250 Gb which has 100 Gb of free space.

So what is causing that error ?

Thanks by advance

• xillibit changed the title to Install error 0xc1900101 when trying to install the 24H2

.... shall i google that for you????? :D  :D  joking... just kidding.... appears to be a pretty generic error... try some suggestions from here.... i had some issues with certain build... which mostly sorted themselves out after multiple attempts.. sometimes over a few days...

Cannot install Windows 11 - Error 0xc1900101

On the computer with the Ryzen 3 PRO 5350G i was able to update from 23H2 to 24H2 after disabling some services from third parties software.

On an ASUS computer with a Ryzen 3 4600G with 8 GB of RAM and 154 GB of free space on the SSD, i had tried multiples times to update by installing from the iso with build 26100.2033 from 23H2 to 24H2 but each times it roll back and i'am stuck on the 23h2. I have already updated the Radeon graphics to the last version of october, disabled plenty of third parties services : ones from ASUS and some others, uninstalled some apps. It's the fourth times that i try to do the update on this computer without no clues whats prevent the update

On the article Microsoft says nothing which helps :

error code 0xc1900101 is a generic error displayed when an update fails and rolls back for some reason. This is an area we monitor closely and can have different root causes depending on which build you were attempting to upgrade to and your setup. If you were attempting to update to a previous Insider build, please try the latest one, as it may address your issue.