AutoPatcher XP Windows Explorer slowdown

Well, hope Opti figures something out. After going though the database I did notice some things had been installing the the wrong order, and they've been fixed. I've also set most of the regtweaks to off now, so you guys will have to go through them youselves to see what you wanna install. ;)

good go flish

Yeah, tryin' to perfect this so we have less issues each time till it becomes rare to have one. :happy:

I ran AutoPatcher March release today, except that Group Policy update and Remote Desktop connection wasn't selected to be installed.

Result: slowdown still exists.

It's not the software, for sure.

It's probably the way it's being applied. Maybe the order of install causes this. Maybe a reboot needs to occur somewhere.

Why?

I install the core OS updates in CMDLINES.TXT in XP unattended install, system is rebooted, and XP hotfixes and hotfixes for other OS components are installed during sysprep, and there is NO slowdown.

AutoPatcher on the other hand installs XP hotfixes first, then the other OS component updates, and then hotfixes for those updates. No reboots in-between.