[vs] HmmXP

• 3 weeks later...

Youhou, after much time with Watercolor, I wanted to try an other minimalist theme. GOT IT, that's HmmXP in Codename Whistler. :ike:

I thank you so much, GREAT JOB.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a really old thread, but i thought i might comment since it was revived. After reading the last few posts here, I decided to give this a try again. It was just the minimal look i was going for, I'm very happy with it.

@stlic: Thanks very much for posting your iTunes skin! I modded it a bit to my tastes and am now using it. Theme coordination ftw!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I LOVE this theme. Especially the "codename whistler" setting. Damn excellent. Maybe my favorite Windows visual style ever. Any plans to port this theme for Vista? Personally I think Aero is very clunky.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

My favorite windows theme of all time. I wish there was a version for windows 7, guess i'll have to just keep using the "ease of access" classic theme...stupid aero transparent nonsense taking over

• 3 months later...

Looks nice..but why no window shadows??

oh yes, there are shadows, light blue for active and thin black for inactive window

on the screenshot, only the individual windows are cut out, so you can see the not well

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wonderful! A Windows 7 theme that I can actually use.

I remember that I had this one on XP, and the whole suit of skins that were made in its style.

I've always liked the more classic simple looking themes, or just the "classic" non-theme in Windows. While in Linux (using Gnome) I use Clearlooks with small controls and gray main colour.

Most modern themes are too clumsy and big for me, they look nice on screenshots but aren't very effective. I hope to see more minimalistic, classic style themes for Windows 7.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That port looks great. I absolutely love HmmXP and I'd like to continue using it when switching to Win7. But when I tried to apply it, it did not change anything. Is there anything special you have to do to activate it?