[vs] HmmXP

Can you make a HmmXP style Windows XP Logon? That would be awsome :D
I created this a couple of weeks ago.

Its my first LogonUI.exe tweak, but I think it looks great! ;)

HmmXP_Logon_Preview.png

Full size

Solaris

Edited by solaris

looks good, are you gonna release it so we can use it????? or is there any place we can already find it if it is released.... i think i'm going to stick with this VS for some time, is not flashy displays everything correct is minimal and it just looks good... to get my whole windows looking like it would be pretty good and this logon screen looks sweet.

LogonUI attached.

NB! It is set up to match my desktop at 1400x1050, so it might not look right in another resolution!

Solaris

wtf is .7z ??

@xp1ode.

I am 90% sure the picture on the left will come out wrong in another resolution.

If so, you have to use ResHacker to extract bitmap 100 and edit it with you favorite image editor! ;)

@TonicX. Glad you liked it.

You need 7-Zip to extract the .7z file.

Solaris

Solaris, could you make a small change in the loginUI (or tell me how to) ?

I want the blue lines around the username to go away (the border) and the blue lines of the frames to be removed too. im sure its some setting in one of the stardock progies that i never heard about.

Gj Fugacious :>

Maybe we can ask one of the real good Trillian Skinners .. like juzmental (Aikon2\3) ..

EDIT: there's an error in the XML file. Remove the dot in the end of line 3 to fix it (stupid coloreditor adds it when you export ._.)

how do you remove the .txt in xp, cause it doesn't show the .txt it just shows the title

sorry for being dumb

thanks

go to my computer, tools -> folder options -> view (tab) -> uncheck hide extensions for known file types

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this becuase I don't want to go through 9 pages of posts, but there are problems showing the complete Google Toolbar with this VS. If a screenshot is needed I will provide.