AutoPatcher XP 4.5 Official Thread

hehehe... looks like we need to say "you need sp1" many times :)

lol I only ask because he never said he DID install it, and those errors mimic those of people who've run the AP on a non-SP1 system.

thought AP checked for sp1 starting in the Jan release

Well... it did, and then, well... it's *supposed* to check in this new release, but Raptor needs to recode some stuff and it should detect better in the next release. :)

Anyone having issues updating Nero after installing Feb.

Nero says some of my system files are outdated, and 'Nero SmartStart', shows up in processes, but does not show any window.

I know it is not my version of Nero, as it is installed on my brothers PC (without AutoPatcherXP) and it works fine.

The Nero Verison is 6.3.0.6c

Nero says some of my system files are outdated, and 'Nero SmartStart', shows up in processes, but does not show any window.

I know it is not my version of Nero, as it is installed on my brothers PC (without AutoPatcherXP) and it works fine.

Nero 6.3.06c is a leaked version (thus far) and as such may cause problems, the last official release was 6.3.0.3 Maybe uninstalling and going back to an official version will cure your problems?

@gillmacca - I found this link, dunno if it will help you, but I cant find the version that you installed.

Try what BeLGaRaTh said, unistalling that version and install Nero Burning Rom 6.3.0.3c

Good luck

[edit]

What version of Windows are you running?

[/edit]

Edited by EZRecovery

@gillmacca - This is what I have found on the net ( http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread/t-73607.html )

Don't know if it will help you, but you can give it a try.

Temujin23

the nero help system is actually outdated... more for nero 4 stuff...

most of the patches are actually a downgrade for my PC.. so..

anyway i suspected its because i did not do a clean install of my nero 6 and installed it over nero 5.0...

so i guess the best way is to clean my registry.. but that doesn't work despite all my efforts..

clean tool for NERO, clean sweep, various freeware stuff...

Temujin23

Thanks Giovanni for this solution

Apparently Nero requires updated versions of OLE files

so downloading oleupdate from the NERO FTP solved the problem

Nero 6 up and running....... :)

nero ftp

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/

Here is another one from a different forum......

JujuLand

I've resolved my problem:

When I've installed Nero, Nero gived me a message as a file was outdated, and must change it and needs to reboot

When I reboot, Windows gave me a message as a program has changed a system file (winaspi.dll) and ask me to accept or restore the file

I accepted, and now it works

On a other w98se, without Nero, I have the same problem

I Install Nero, but after reboot, I haven't the message of windows

If I stop install, Nero restore the file and it don't work

If iI finish the install, it works

I now search the file or files concerned to save them, because on this computer, I don't want Nero

Life is hard !!!

Edited by EZRecovery

lol... ill just wait for an official release :p

Waiting for the word "OFFICIAL" works, ah? :laugh:

Like we were all waiting for the "OFFICIAL" APXP :D

Waiting for the word "OFFICIAL" works, ah?  :laugh:

Like we were all waiting for the "OFFICIAL" APXP  :D

All I can say to that is simply....

:p :rofl:

Well no problems what so ever here.

Tried on WindowsXP Home Retail, WindowsXP Pro. Retail, WindowsXP Home Corp., Windows XP Pro. Corp. The installed sp1 on all of them then AutoPatcher XP 4.5 all good.

Now doing all of them with sp1 alread intergrated. Have done WindowsXP Home Retail and WindowsXP Pro. Retail and no problems what so ever. :)

So all looks good here.