I keep on getting the Main Database Error

Downloaded the Feb 2004 update, unzipped it to the autopatcher folder, ran it. I get a database error. Then I came here and saw a sticky about a new DB that you could d/l and use to replace the old DB. Ran autopatcher again and I got the same error again. Can anyone help me?

Downloaded the Feb 2004 update, unzipped it to the autopatcher folder, ran it. I get a database error. Then I came here and saw a sticky about a new DB that you could d/l and use to replace the old DB. Ran autopatcher again and I got the same error again. Can anyone help me?

Please post the exact error (click on it, hit CTRL+C, then paste it here), or post a pic of it. (Y)

I'm pretty sure the download wasn't corrupted like the other 10 times I tried it. The extraction went fine. I hope I don't have to d/l it again.

post-89-1079289134.jpg

I'm pretty sure the download wasn't corrupted like the other 10 times I tried it. The extraction went fine. I hope I don't have to d/l it again.

Interesting... when you updated the database, did you update the exe too? Also, in the bin folder, does it have 11 files? Wanna make sure, since any of those missing could cause the issue.

I do have 11 files in the bin folder, but I didn't update the exe. After updating and swaping the exe files, I get the same error message once more.

I do have 11 files in the bin folder, but I didn't update the exe. After updating and swaping the exe files, I get the same error message once more.

How odd. :/ Let me ask... do you have SP1/SP1a installed? And it's an English version of XP?

you got admin rights and all?

try to manual copy all the files found in \db folder into your Windows System folder (usually c:\windows\system32)

overwrite old ones if prompted

tell us if you see any file which refuses to overwrite (in other words if a file is used by another program)

/Raptor

I copied 3 files in the db folder to system32, there were no overwrite prompts. Got the same error message afterwards too. Looks like this is gonna be tricky to solve...

I copied 3 files in the db folder to system32, there were no overwrite prompts. Got the same error message afterwards too. Looks like this is gonna be tricky to solve...

Very very odd... :/ Don't worry... we're working on it, mate. (Y)

oh my, sorry... damn... i meant the \bin folder... wtf was i thinkin (hmmm March 14th... i was prolly a bit drunk!)

Why would you have been drunk on the 14?? :laugh:

because i was out for the day... small trip with friends :p

Ohhhh... okay, that makes sense then. Thought I had missed a holiday or something! :pinch:

hahaha... no just went out for a nice trip with friends... around 75 kids :p

:o Geez... all I did was lift heavy stones... and I feel like I lost a Prize Fight... :pinch:

Oh, so take the 3 files in db and move them to the bin folder? Do I rename/overwrite anything? This is what's in the db folder.

Modified DB files

AutoPatcher Core.db

AutoPatcher Core.db.sgn

AutoPatcher Core.sig

Oh, so take the 3 files in db and move them to the bin folder? Do I rename/overwrite anything? This is what's in the db folder.

Modified DB files

AutoPatcher Core.db

AutoPatcher Core.db.sgn

AutoPatcher Core.sig

Whoops... Raptor meant, move the 11 files in the Bin folder to the System32 directory... and overwrite anything in there. :)

as flishy said, copy the files found in \bin folder into the system32 folder and try running autopatcher again... dont move the files... *copy* them :)

I had the same problem, it turned out to be the database folders had an underscore added to the name ie:autopatcher_core... not autopatcher core... in fact it has put an underscore in all the files and folders that have a space in the name.

Removed the underscore and put in a space and Voila!

I think it might have had something to do with the transfer to a cd I am not to sure.

Hope this helps

Pete