Autopatcher 4.5 - Big Bug! :D

After using each monthly release of AutoPatcher with great success, (Thanks guys! ;)) I've come across a huge bug in the newest release. (February, v. 4.5). I've downloaded it from three different locations, tried the full version, and the one that updates the January release. I've also tried installing each version on two separate computers; four times for the full, and twice with the update.

The problem is this: No matter what I check or uncheck, AutoPatcher installs EVERYTHING! I can have one item checked, ten items checked, doesn't matter..AutoPatcher installs everything that's available.

So my question is, what gives? Is this a known problem, or is it just me? Is there an update available that I've missed?

Cheers for any help, I'm quite puzzled. :D

Screenshots of which windows exactly?

I can take one of the checked/unchecked items, pressing 'update', and the next screen which shows '179/179' (IIRC) installing. Not sure how it will assist, but I'll do so if necessary.

ehm... based on math, im quite sure it's impossible :p prove me wrong :)

Yeah... that sounds very odd... :s I know nothing in the database could cause that... but could anything in the proggy? :huh:

please flishy... autopatcher had some math problem (you know what i'm refering to :p) but after i rewrote some stuff it should be good in math :p

please flishy... autopatcher had some math problem (you know what i'm refering to :p) but after i rewrote some stuff it should be good in math :p

I know what you mean, just confusing. I remember one other person reporting something like this. But it was about a day after the release. :s Odd odd odd...

I dont want to hijack the thread but could some one explain this error here. Its from the UltraLite version :cool:

Brgs

Well that's surely odd! If I remember correctly, the AP shouldn't even get that far if there's a problem with the batch ID's. :s I'll check it out. Maybe try running it again and see if the issue goes away.

This is back to eithyia's problem. First they mention using the one that updates the Jan release. There was no such release. February was a FULL only because of so many changes.

And I could be wrong but wasn't that a problem that the patch for the February release fixed?

Well that's surely odd! If I remember correctly, the AP shouldn't even get that far if there's a problem with the batch ID's. :s I'll check it out. Maybe try running it again and see if the issue goes away.

Yeah will do. Need 2 fomat anyway as I've been playing bout with MDK 10.

I was a bit suprised as it must not be a error that some one else has experienced otherwise they would have posted it unless if no one is using the Ultralite version :blush:

Brgs

Yeah will do. Need 2 fomat anyway as I've been playing bout with MDK 10.

I was a bit suprised as it must not be a error that some one else has experienced otherwise they would have posted it unless if no one is using the Ultralite version :blush:

Brgs

Well I've heard from others that have used the UltraLite, so you're not the only one. You're just the first to report an issue.

Not sure if it is totally widespread, but I too had a few things (mainly reg tweaks) installed that I specifically asked the Patcher not to.

Open with Notepad for unknown files; Copy to, Move to menu right click; Uesr passwords2 was added;

Search assistant wasn't removed;

Windows time service wasn't disabled;

Apart from that, awesome program.

Please don't ask for screenies, I manually fixed the probs myself.

Hope this helps.

flish... if it just points to a non-existing batchID it wont crash on load... crash appears when pointing to 2 batches simultaniously :p so check up your database for mistakes :)

Not sure if it is totally widespread, but I too had a few things (mainly reg tweaks) installed that I specifically asked the Patcher not to.

Open with Notepad for unknown files; Copy to, Move to menu right click; Uesr passwords2 was added;

Search assistant wasn't removed;

Windows time service wasn't disabled;

Apart from that, awesome program.

Please don't ask for screenies, I manually fixed the probs myself.

Hope this helps.

Huh... now how odd is this. Raptor... care to take a look?

So best suspend the reinstall till I get confirmation I dont need to replace the DB file :cool:

Brgs

Yep... have Rap take a look and make sure the exe isn't playin' tricks with us. :)

hmm actualy it installed way more than i selected as well,noticed just now, i didn't select ms vm scan or what ever thingie and it appears installed :/ maybe it's something to do with configuration :/

hmm actualy it installed way more than i selected as well,noticed just now, i didn't select ms vm scan or what ever thingie and it appears installed :/ maybe it's something to do with configuration :/

I wonder if maybe the AP isn't detecting that the items have been deselected, for example:

The Items info in the database says: "Default=True", then you uncheck it, the AP should see it as "False", or unchecked, but maybe still reads from the database and installs it, since it says "True".

Any luck Raptor?

acutally it doesnt count like that... in count an item if its State is set to All or Some... which doesnt explain counting more :p

/Raptor

acutally it doesnt count like that... in count an item if its State is set to All or Some... which doesnt explain counting more :p

/Raptor

Well I have no idea then... play with it some, Rap, see whatcha get! :)