Autopatcher 4.5 - Big Bug! :D

Flish and Raptor,

I just ran 4.5 on 89 IBM ThinkPad T40's in various states of updates;

It would Deselect some from time to time but for the most part it installed

the 76 updated that I selected and set as default and ran unattended.

I observed nor was made aware by any other the other guys running it

of ANY failures with AP in general.

These guys should try setting a default, save, and burn to cd, then run.

Proven sound on 89 Thinkpads with OEM WinXP Pro SP1a preload.

SkunkWerkz :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :cool: :cool: :cool:

cool SkunkWerkz! the bug (if there was such a bug) should be general and should apply to all... when you click on the Update button, it counts the items which are either Checked (All) or Semi-Checked (Some Children checked)...

cool SkunkWerkz! the bug (if there was such a bug) should be general and should apply to all... when you click on the Update button, it counts the items which are either Checked (All) or Semi-Checked (Some Children checked)...

Hmmm... wish that bug was repeatable enough for us to play with it. :/

Not everyone saves as default and runs it from a CD. Here we run it from a fileserver on some systems. It could be something as you suspected before with the DB not recognizing the uncheck properly but when you do a save as default then it works as expected.

Not everyone saves as default and runs it from a CD. Here we run it from a fileserver on some systems. It could be something as you suspected before with the DB not recognizing the uncheck properly but when you do a save as default then it works as expected.

I know... either way, we'll get to the bottom of it eventually I'm sure. :) We'll do more tests. :D