Feb Updater

I downloaded the Jan updater and installed it on a new W XP Pro build with no problem. I downloaded the Feb updater and used it on another W XP Pro new build, and it will not run. I keep getting " could not load language code", or something like that. I then tried the Jan updater, and got the same thing.

I can copy the exact wording if needed, but why would it work on one new build and not the other? I cannot think of anything I did differently on the second install.

It is a great feature, this automated updater. I thank you profusely.

Any help with the problem would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't have a screenie, because I cannot get the computer to an internet connection at the moment.

Here is a description.

An "Auto Patcher INITILIZATION SERVICES" box comes up, with this inside.

The translation for your language was unable to be loaded. We are sorry for the inconvience.

ERROR_LCID_STARTUP

5| Invalid procedure call or argument

Auto Patcher

Thanks for your help

Sorry. I had to go out. If that folder is part of the W Update Auto packager file, it is not on the computer on which it worked, or the one it didn't work with?

Sorry. I had to go out. If that folder is part of the W Update Auto packager file, it is not on the computer on which it worked, or the one it didn't work with?

It should be in the system that has the Feb Update on it... so I assume it's the one that didn't work.

The computer on which I used the Jan updater, which worked,is in the room with me, and I looked for that file, and could not find it. The computer on which I tried the Feb updater, which did not work, nor did the Jan updater, does not have that file either.

Thanks for working on this.

Edit

That folder and file is there on the Feb updater. It is not in the Jan updater. Sorry.

Edited by catcando

Sorry for the confusion.

Here is a bit more clarity. I installed the Jan updater on a new W XP Pro build (computer 1), and it worked.

I tried to install the Feb updater on a new W Xp Pro build (computer 2), and it did not work.

I got the error I posted earlier.

I have gone back to computer 2, and have been able to install Jan updater.

I have the Feb updater unpacked on both computer 1 and computer 2, and have tried to install it on both. I get the same error as posted earlier. I did notice at the end of the unpacking, a box pops up showing a lot of errors. When I click on the AutoPatcher menu button, it only opens to a blank box. If I go inside the AutoPatcher folder and click on the AutoPatcher Icon, I get the posted error.

This problem occurs on two different downloads of the Feb Updater.

Looking back on the problem, I am sure it is down to the errors when it unpacked. Why these occured I do not know. Two different computers with clean installs of W XP Pro gave the same errors.

I will try and post the error box. I have only uploaded something with an FTP client once, so I may struggle a bit.

I apologize for the trouble and confusion. It is a great product.

Thanks again for all the help.

catcando, I understand now! It looks like you had a corrupted download. Try getting the file via Bit-Torrent. We've noticed that people who get corrupted downloads normally find Bit-Torrent to work better for them. (Y)

I do not know how I was able to get two corrupt downloadds, from two different sites, on two different computers, but that appears to have been the problem. I did a BiTTorrent download, and it unpacked fine, and is installing now.

Thanks for the help.

well.. HTTP downloads will never beat Bittorrent... HTTP doesnt have any corruption checks... So your modem might be the one to blame... In bittorrent on the other hand, if your modem gets a corrupt part (in bittorrent, every files is splitted into many many pieces, and each piece has its own hash check) the hash check of that part will fail, and bittorrent will put your modem to download that part again and again until you get it right... that's why i say its a lot safer...