APXP insanely slow

Hey, im now using APXP Full for the 2nd time, and it is painfully slow compared to the first time I used it. The first time I used it was on xp home edition, and now im using it on xp professional. Im just wondering if this is usual because when i used it on home edition, it just zipped through everything in less than half an hour, and now it is taking nearly an hour and its only on 47/122.

Adrian, it sounds like it's working this time, the first time sounds like it glitched, that was way too fast! :o

oh ok then, thats fine then, I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks anyways.

im not sure about hardware faults, ill check them, but this is a fresh out of the box install

maybe you overlooked this , did you have sp1 installed b4 u used autopatcher?

maybe you overlooked this , did you have sp1 installed b4 u used autopatcher?

yes it was installed, i even checked on windows update that it was installed

Did your home edition install already have some of the post SP1 hotfixes. As when AutoPatcher is working properly it only installs what isn't there. Just a thought :)

Yes, with home, i installed all the critical patches whilst APXP was downloading, and with professional, I also installed all critical patches, then used APXP

Yes, with home, i installed all the critical patches whilst APXP was downloading, and with professional, I also installed all critical patches, then used APXP

Yeah, I think all in all it's working fine. No harm, no foul. (Y)