Student 'sells virginity' via web to pay tuition

A lesbian university student who auctioned her virginity on the internet to pay for her studies is reported to have had sex with the highest bidder.

Rosie Reid, 18, from London, slept with a 44-year-old BT engineer in a hotel room in Euston after he paid her ?8,400, the News of the World reports.

But she told the newspaper: "It was horrible... I felt nervous and scared."

She hatched the plan to avoid graduating with debts of ?15,000 from her Bristol University degree course.

'Uncomfortable'

Ms Reid, from Dulwich, had sex with the divorced father-of-two after he gave her a banker's draft, according to the News of the World.

I felt obliged to please him as he had just paid all this money

Rosie Reid

Her partner, Jess Cameron, stayed in the same hotel while she went through with the act nearly three weeks ago.

She told the newspaper: "I felt obliged... to please him as he had just paid all this money."

But she added: "It didn't feel like it was happening to me. I felt like I was watching it happen to someone else.

"I was just so relieved when it was over... I was desperate to get back to Jess as I felt so uncomfortable."

The next morning she said she joined her partner and they "just cried and cried".

'Drastic action'

The social policy student put herself on offer in January, saying she would rather sleep with a stranger than face years of comparative poverty.

She is reported to have had responses from more than 2,000 men from around the world.

The student was working lengthy hours in order to pay for tuition fees and living accommodation in Bristol when she came up with the auction idea.

She said at the time: "I am devoting too much time to paid employment and not enough to studying.

"It started as a joke, and ended up as 'why not?'".

Auction website eBay later withdrew her ad, but she continued the auction through her own website.

It is not known if the News of the World paid her for her story.

(has picture of the 'girl' *cough les cough*)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...set/3554121.stm

Edited by JJ6829

wow shes a cheep ho!

only 15,000 pounds?....please

and this is not first time someone has sold their virginity online....let alone not the first gay person

I saw a thing where some gay boi did that...and he got way more money than that lesbian...

:no: Can't you just say 'girl'

Funny coming from you because of your sig? lol. Anyways compromised.

@sadatkarim's reply below:

Yah but Ebay shut it down before it actually happened i believe.

lol. easy way to make money

It is not known if the News of the World paid her for her story.

i bet they did.

as for BT engineer, that the most expensive prostitute ever i damn fool

she is fugly too

Why would she willing tell a news organization about this?

Easy, to get more publicity, which will get more people bidding, so she gets more money. Call it advertising if you wish.