Autopatcher problem

I found Mnosteele's thread on AutoPatcherXP over at Brand X and proceeded to download Autopatcher. I then unzipped it and I noticed some activity happening with regards to my display functions. When it stopped, my taskbar was gray and the script on it had changed. This is no biggie but am wondering if there is anything I can do to restore the previous display settings for the taskbar? I later moved the zip file to another drive and extracted it using Winrar and got the files in proper order. I am just wondering if there is some way to restore the taskbar display. I have tried doing it through control panel/display/etc. without success. Thanks in advance.

I found Mnosteele's thread on AutoPatcherXP over at Brand X and proceeded to download Autopatcher. I then unzipped it and I noticed some activity happening with regards to my display functions. When it stopped, my taskbar was gray and the script on it had changed. This is no biggie but am wondering if there is anything I can do to restore the previous display settings for the taskbar? I later moved the zip file to another drive and extracted it using Winrar and got the files in proper order. I am just wondering if there is some way to restore the taskbar display. I have tried doing it through control panel/display/etc. without success. Thanks in advance.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but did you say that your taskbar settings changed just from EXTRACTING the patcher? Not actually running it? :blink:

Right after I downloaded it as a zip file. I then clicked the zip file and it started unzipping. It ran awhile and then I stopped it. Then I noticed the display problem. To reiterate, this is no big problem. Just wondering if there is a tweak somewhere that might revert my taskbar back to what I believe is the blue bar and the green start button. Thanks for your prompt response.

just let me say......

that is a very very weird glitch

but probably nothing to do directly with the autopatcher considering it happened before you actually ran it

Right after I downloaded it as a zip file. I then clicked the zip file and it started unzipping. It ran awhile and then I stopped it. Then I noticed the display problem. To reiterate, this is no big problem. Just wondering if there is a tweak somewhere that might revert my taskbar back to what I believe is the blue bar and the green start button. Thanks for your prompt response.

What MapleCookie said... very odd seeing as how you didn't actually *run* the program. :s Um, have you tried rebooting?

Some evil mind infected it with a virus? Hey, it could happen, if they are anti-AP zealots

How could the virus launch just from unzipping? :huh: No no, I seriously doubt that.

It's possible to incorporate a silent setup after unzip however unlikely that someone would do this. I'd say they are still looking at a glitch of some kind unrelated to AP.