Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

if the Flames finish off the Canucks tonight, then the second round will have Wings/Flames and Avs/Sharks

The Avs/Sharks should be the better of the two series

GO FLAMES GO! i never did like the canucks, bastidds. Oh BTW for tommorow night, belfour is gonna shut the door again, and toronto is going to show ottawa once again Who's Better Than Toronto? NOOOOOOOOOOBODY!!

Leafs In '04 (With or without Sundin)

GO FLAMES GO! i never did like the canucks, bastidds. Oh BTW for tommorow night, belfour is gonna shut the door again, and toronto is going to show ottawa once again Who's Better Than Toronto? NOOOOOOOOOOBODY!!

Leafs In '04 (With or without Sundin)

Yay! I totally agree. (Y)

Not a bad game by the Wings, but they won't go far if they don't take advantage of the power play and stop commiting silly penalties.

I"m really looking forward to seeing a Wings/Avs series in Western Conference Finals :) :)

Boston vs Montreal. Tied 1-1. My problem is that I don't know who to root for.

Generally speaking, I'll usually take the Canadian team over a US team. However, in this case, if Montreal wins then they play Tampa (#8 is eliminated so #1 would play #7) and Toronto (#4) would play Phily (#3) should Toronto be able to win one of the next two vs Ottawa. I'd MUCH rather Toronto play Tampa because they are a less physical team. If Toronto beats Tampa then they'd be in good shape for the conference final (against Boston or Phily). Even if Toronto could beat Phily it would take a lot out of them and I'd rather then not grind themselves down too soon (we're an old team after all).

So I guess Montreal should win tonight (it's always best if every other series goes to 7), then for the Leafs to win tomorrow (no need for our series to go to seven) and then for Boston to win on Monday. Sorry, that's just the way the cards have been dealt. If it were possible for Toronto to play Montreal in the forseeable future then I'd go with that but I don't see both Toronto beating Phily AND Montreal beating Tampa.

Does that make sense?

I"m really looking forward to seeing a Wings/Avs series in Western Conference Finals :) :)

If the Canucks come back against the Flames then Detroit would play the Avs in the next round.

Otherwise Detroit will play the Flames next and have to hope that the Avs beat San Jose to force the Detroit-Colorado Western Conference Final. That's assuming that the #1 team can beat Calgary first.

Otherwise Detroit will play the Flames next and have to hope that the Avs beat San Jose to force the Detroit-Colorado Western Conference Final. That's assuming that the #1 team can beat Calgary first.

And that's a mighty big assumption there my friend. Don't think so fast. The Flames will have something to say to that.

And that's a mighty big assumption there my friend. Don't think so fast. The Flames will have something to say to that.

The Flames have to win THIS series first. The let Vancouver score 4 in a row and then they come back with three of their own. Yes, they've got one more game in Vancouver, if necessary, but you don't want to have to go there.

The Flames have to win THIS series first. The let Vancouver score 4 in a row and then they come back with three of their own. Yes, they've got one more game in Vancouver, if necessary, but you don't want to have to go there.

My point is if the Flames advance then the Wings will have their hands full.