Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

I may not like detroit, but i HATE the flames for dumping the Canucks

so.... Go Wings Go!

I hope the Flames get what they deserve: a quick death...er free ticket to the golf course

:woot:

Go Wings!

Avs are done :( lol

No need to dispair. Colorado hasn't lost a home game in the playoffs (yet). But if they do lose on Monday then I think it's game over. :(

I can't believe the Sharks are spanking the Avs. I guess they are this years Anaheim....

No, they're definetly not this years Anaheim, they have been consistent and playing good the whole season just not noticed. They finished higher than Colorado so technically that makes them the favourite where as Anaheim snuck in to the playoffs barely and managed to beat the number 1 seed and win the Western Conference.

Actually, the Sharks were pretty fukcing pathetic early on. So horrible were they that both Patrick Marleu and Vincent Damphousse said about 1/4th of the way through the season that "we have nothing to lose now, so we'll just go out and play hockey". The only way they hung around 1st place was because of all the damn tie games they had.

There has been high expectations here every year about this team, and every year it's been for naught. So, nobody really expected much this year, especially after losing Teemu Selanne and some other valuable players. But, they are fun to watch and work extremely hard - much like the Oakland A's have to do in order to compete - and it's paid off.

sharks are looking scary man...i think they will take the west...

my flyers are looking pretty damn good too. one hell of a game today, some crazy saves at the end...

Esche is playing amazing!! good for philly, i think it's time that team had a solid playoff goalie.

btw. whenever Handzus touches the puck, are the Philly fans booing him or are they saying "Zeeeus"?

Yeah, flyers are looking good, some nice saves in that game from both goalies at the end.

I will say it's gonna end.. Tampa vs. Philly & Detroit vs San Jose

The Flyers game was a little too close for comfort, but they pulled it off in the end. It got pretty intense when Toronto pulled out Belfour and put the 6th man in and Toronto freaking shot like 100 times. Eshe is still the man!

Edited by jmole

I will say it's gonna end.. Tampa vs. Philly & Detroit vs San Jose

You never know the Avs might win the next 4 straight and take care of the Sharks and face the Wings in the Western Finals....

....Who am I kidding? The Sharks pwn the Avs :argh:

sharks are doing a great job... i would have bet my money on Avs... but i guess i would have been wrong then huh? :p

thats suck BS! the avs are way better then the sharks.

not really, but i love to think they are

:laugh:

Too bad because I really wanted to see them vs. Detroit :(

Tony Granato is toast!

If the avs lose the next game, he better not even show up the next day to collect his stuff. If I was him, I would have my stuff mailed to me.