Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

If the avs lose the next game, he better not even show up the next day to collect his stuff. If I was him, I would have my stuff mailed to me.

I'd take a few things home tonight just so there's less to take home on Wednesday.

The Sharks have been a great team all year but for some reason they get no respect.

its always like that in sports. There's always one team every year that is so underestimated that they sometimes end up winning the whole thing!

Aebischer sucks, he makes some good saves but he also lets in really ****ty ones and Nabakov is playing great. Aebischer is too predictable sometimes, get him moving side to side and you have a virtually empty net. Theyre doing a good job of keeping Forsberg down, even though he's still producing, he's still not playing up to his full capabilities. If i were the av's id dump selanne or kariya, or both because they have more than enough talent and pick-up a above par goalie

Man, Tony Granato better do what's best and pack up his things. I'm pretty ****ed. Why won't they let Salo play? Aebischer was doing good against the Stars but he's getting owned by the Sharks. Oh well, one more game before they can go play golf.

Edited by Panorama

Let's not rag on Aebischer for game three. The score there was 1-0 so he did his job (for the most part). You should be able to count on at least one goal from your offense. I don't mind if you blame Tony Granato though. There seems to be plenty of other underperformers.

im not ragging on Aebischer, all im saying is that they need someone to trust once the puck is behind the blue line. Aebischer has his good and bad days, but u cant have a bad day in the playoffs. Their offence needs to produce more but Nabakov is solid as a rock and theyre doing a good job of containing Forsberg.

Aebischer was good in game 3. How often does a puck is shot of your back and in the net? Not very often. At the same time, that shot should have been blocked or never reach his back. There were a couple of times during the game where he fell for the trick with a player going behind the net and dissing off the puck at the last second. Salo should be in the net for game 4.

Naw, forget it. Aebischer needs the playoff experience. Better have him get used to it now than next year. Besides, I have a feeling that the Avs - while they won't win the series - will win tomorrow's game.

... Were talking about the canadiens here ... if they want to win these series ... they will ... I hope they want to though