Neowin's NHL 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Haven't seen this confirmed any were else so I hope it's wrong.

:pinch:

Yzerman undergoes surgery

TSN.ca Staff

5/2/2004

Detroit Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman underwent four-and-one-half hours of surgery on Saturday night at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.

Yzerman was struck in the face by a puck during the second period of Detroit's game against the Calgary Flames.

A shot by Red Wings defenceman Mathieu Schneider ricocheted off a player in front of the Calgary net and hit Yzerman squarely in the face as he stood to the left of the net. The injury forced him out for the remainder of the second-round playoff game, which Detroit lost 1-0.

Due to the injury, Yzerman experienced blurred vision in his left eye, which improved following the surgery. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Yzerman will be out of the Red Wings lineup indefinitely.

Edited by keratosis

S##T! It's confirmed ,broken eye socket and scratched cornea.

He is expected to recover though

:blink: :huh: Burke is now in goal but it doesnt stop flyers from scoring

:hmmm: 6-1 flyers this game is over and is going to get nasty

Edited by Steffan

First team this playoffs to score 6 or more goals. :o Leafs are getting pwned today

There was a Flyers vs. Leafs game today? Damn! I missed it! 7-2? The Leafs got OWNED! So far the Flyers and Leafs have won on home ice. Maybe the Leafs can win their next game. If not, their screwed.

There was a Flyers vs. Leafs game today? Damn! I missed it! 7-2? The Leafs got OWNED! So far the Flyers and Leafs have won on home ice. Maybe the Leafs can win their next game. If not, their screwed.

The Leafs have to win their next TWO games or they are screwed.

Awesome, i cannot stand the leafs. Due to TSN and sportsnet.... I hated them soo much more when they were being outplayed by the sens in the first round.

going down to the wire.. might be a long night, cant go to sleep with the wings on the verge of elimination, thats for sure