[MLB] Bonds hits 660

but how come it was a little later into his career he started REALLY hitting homers?

professional experience? duh? :rolleyes:

There are no contradictions. I am not a "Bonds fan". I respect the man. None of you people know Barry. You are all judging him on rumors and assumptions. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who judges him is an ass. A real fan of baseball would be cheering for him. Hell, my roomates and I run to the tv everytime ESPN jumps to his at bat.

It is all being based on an unproven, unsubstantiated article the San Fran paper wrote up a month ago. It has no more relevance than anything the Inquirer prints.

I respect Barry as well for being a talented baseball player. All of my opinions are based on watching him...judging him doesn't make me an ass, it makes me a critic. Criticizing doesn't always mean negative, too. I have read several articles about Barry (among other MLB players) and about 90% of these don't affect my opinion whatsoever. Hypothetically, if I think Barry took steroids, and I read some articles about whether he did or not, thats not going to change my decision.

I respect Barry as well for being a talented baseball player. All of my opinions are based on watching him...judging him doesn't make me an ass, it makes me a critic. Criticizing doesn't always mean negative, too. I have read several articles about Barry (among other MLB players) and about 90% of these don't affect my opinion whatsoever. Hypothetically, if I think Barry took steroids, and I read some articles about whether he did or not, thats not going to change my decision.

Nice post. I can respect that. But judging him does make one an ass. You can be a critical of him, but everyone else here is condemning the man with zero proof or knowledge of such actions. They are judging him based upon third part reports and what they think they know. But like you said, you are critical of him, which is the mature way to go about it.

Yes, we've discussed this. No need to rehash all that again. :rolleyes:

I wasn't the one who brought up the topic. But I will debate it as long as there are people running around here with these rediculous misconceptions about him.

i think bonds is a cheater since he used roids. i really wonder how well he could have done without them. granted he is talented, but i just wonder. owell cant take away any awards from him now since it's the past but i just dont hold the same respect for him

Bonds gets no respect from me since he refuses to sign a release to get his name used in any MLB game this year!!! stupid person, thinks he has jordan status ;)

it's fine by me if he has his bat up his ass.

aslong as he does something for the sport, he will always feel this way.

i kinda hope he doesnt beat the record though. :devil:

Why does everyone hate on Bonds so much? You all should be fortunate you're experiencing baseball history in your lifetime. We weren't around for Babe Ruth, and our parents and grandparents can vaguely remember Hank Aaron. This is now. This is history! Quit the hating. Anyway steroids or not, he's still smacking them out of the park, left and right. Get over it already :\

I hope the Giants can recover from their mini-slump. At least they won tonight.

And I'm not just saying this because I'm a diehard Giants fan either :blush:

Edited by Opio

Why does everyone hate on Bonds so much? You all should be fortunate you're experiencing baseball history in your lifetime. We weren't around for Babe Ruth, and our parents and grandparents can vaguely remember Hank Aaron. This is now. This is history! Quit the hating. Anyway steroids or not, he's still smacking them out of the park, left and right. Get over it already :\

I hope the Giants can recover from their mini-slump. At least they won tonight.

And I'm not just saying this because I'm a diehard Giants fan either  :blush:

cuz babe ruth did without cheating. regardless of wether or not he uses roids... it shouldnt be allowed period and he should be punished.

he is good for the game, but i have just lost all hope in baseball to become a good sport imo again. the players whine too much, the whole a-rod trade, the fact that a player that used drugs will be known as the home run king.

i mean. come on.

cuz babe ruth did without cheating. regardless of wether or not he uses roids... it shouldnt be allowed period and he should be punished.

he is good for the game, but i have just lost all hope in baseball to become a good sport imo again. the players whine too much, the whole a-rod trade, the fact that a player that used drugs will be known as the home run king.

i mean. come on.

I 110% agree. Bonds isn't even in Ruth and Aaron's league. They did it clean. Pure. No shady or questionable things going on with them. Aaron never hit more than 40 HR's in a year. That...is phenominal. Bonds goes from 49 to 73 in one year. Hmmm..yeah, no help there. :rolleyes:

Plus....Grandparents and parents vaguely remember Hank Aaron?? He broke the record in the 70's!! That isn't that long ago.... :huh:

I also agree with Toxikk. Bonds is also not a fan favorite. He's always had a chip on his shoulder. Everyone loved Ruth. Not everyone loved Aaron, but that was just because he was black.. he was and still is a great guy.. Neither of those 2 were showboats, neither of those 2 were ever even accused of cheating.. neither of those 2 ever doubled in size over the course of their careers (Ruth did, but that wasnt muscle).. the fan image of a player is bigger than the whole steroid issue in my opinion. Lets take Mark McGwire for example - He openly used performance enhancing drugs. Sure Andro doesn't measure up to steroids, but its still cheating more or less. Thing is, no one cared. Everyone loved Big Mac. He could do no wrong. He was truly a class act, and it was a crying shame to see Bonds break his single season HR record.

Also Boog, Aaron hit 40 home runs 8 times, but never hit more than 50.. highest was 47 in 1971 i believe.