Mac OS X PC Emulator

Its been discussed a million times.. the answer is a big fat no i'm afraid.

It was hard enough getting iTunes for Windows from Apple. There's no way you're going to get Mac OSX for PC. It would probably end up hurting Apple sales because a lot of people would stop buying Apple hardware.

You can't emulate OS X, but you can emulate upto OS 8.6 (on Liunx) or upto OS 8.1 (Windows)

If you want to know more, have a look around for Basilisk II, which is a 68k (old/classic Mac, eg: 680x0) emulator - this will run on Windows and emulate any OS upto version 8.1, provided you have a copy of the installation media and a Mac OS ROM.

To emulate upto OS 8.6 (PowerPC Macintosh) have a look around for Sheepshaver for Linux/x86. It can emulate a PowerPC 604 processor. It also emulates an Altivec unit. You can freely obtain the ROM for Sheepshaver from Apple themselves, finding a copy of Mac OS prior to 9, is the challenge.

I heard that you could get a old version of Mac OS X on windows through VM ware dont know if this was true though I wouldnt mind trying it :p

I'm not sure about that, but you can compile the Darwin kernel and run it on x86.

I have some important info about a Crew so Called "xtrAwaganza" working hardly on X emu project, and they has what show, more info will be available soon. Here is original screen:

http://saplvu.projektas.lt/x/a.os.x.-dead.jpg

At the moment the crew is trying to contact apple personel, to make some deals, until this "emu" become public.

Stay tunned.

yeah riiight.

I have some important info about a Crew so Called "xtrAwaganza" working hardly on X emu project, and they has what show, more info will be available soon. Here is original screen:

At the moment the crew is trying to contact apple personel, to make some deals, until this "emu" become public.

Stay tunned.

Biggest load of **** I've seen in a while.

Edit: that pic was uploaded today too.

Stay tunned.

Apple would never let them port it to Windows. Sound like a hoax anyway :rolleyes:

"Can't edit my post above"

Anyone else find it odd that this guys (who started the thread) asks about OS X emulation, and then tells people about a "crew" working on it ??

"Can't edit my post above"

Anyone else find it odd that this guys (who started the thread) asks about OS X emulation, and then tells people about a "crew" working on it ??

I find it odd that people still ask about it :p

Classic.

I love the way that the original poster asks me a question that we all know the answer to, and then tells me I am wrong on his second post.

If you were so bloody smart about Apple emulation, then WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST MAKE A STATEMENT INSTEAD OF ASKING A QUESTION YOU MORON.

*sigh*