Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.3.4

Apple this week seeded the first pre-release build of Mac OS X 10.3.4, its fourth minor Panther update. The seed was labeled build 7H41 and was released to developers on Tuesday.

In a seed note, Apple said Version 10.3.4 should provide a performance gain when launching non-prebound applications. In addition, the update includes several changes that may affect device compatibility, specifically, TWAIN scanners, USB Flash Media, SCSI drives, iPods, and some PCMCIA cards. The update also reportedly incorporates updates relating to Audio FireWire and USB 2.0 connectivity for the iPod.

Version 10.3.4 also includes changes to Core Audio, OpenGL, Graphics, Core OS, and the High Level Toolbox, Apple told developers. Apple also specified several known issues with the latest build involving Quartz Extreme and DVD playback, Safari table rendering, redraw problems, display resolutions, and System Profiler.

Source: http://thinksecret.com/news/macosx1034.html

I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is the 4th update to the OS since it's release last fall. Considering MS is just now getting to their 2nd update (SP2), I think it will probably be out before then :D

Is this something i'll have to pay for?

i bet it is :( cos apple charge for all (in my opinion) bug fix revisions of their stupid OS

i bet it is :( cos apple charge for all (in my opinion) bug fix revisions of their stupid OS

What are you talking about? It will be found under Software Update, which is like Windows Update for Mac. It's basically an OS X service pack.

What are you talking about? It will be found under Software Update, which is like Windows Update for Mac. It's basically an OS X service pack.

:cough: 10.3 panther :cough: