SM Bus Controller Driver for Dell Dimension 4600?

I just reformated my new computer.

The driver disk is completely useless and doesn't have any of my needed drivers. I had to go to Dell.com to and search for all my missing drivers. I was able to install everything except:

SM Bus Controller

I have no idea what this is. I also don't know where to go about searching for this driver. I tried installing a new chipset, but I don't know what chipset my computer is running on. Neither Sandra nor Fresh Diagnose was able to tell me the chipset.

Help!

Thanks!

1) Install the Intel Chipset Software (this will install your SM Bus driver)

2) Install the Intel Application Accelerator (it may not be needed on the 4600, can't remember)

3) Attempt to install the Intel Active Monitor (it will fail, but it will also install the SM BIOS and SM Bus driver).

Let me know.

what chipset are you running anyway? if you know then go to here, rollover chipsets in the menu, then rollover desktop, and select the chipset

:yes: very easy.

Edited by ForeverUnknown

I just reformated my new computer.

The driver disk is completely useless and doesn't have any of my needed drivers. I had to go to Dell.com to and search for all my missing drivers. I was able to install everything except:

SM Bus Controller

I have no idea what this is. I also don't know where to go about searching for this driver. I tried installing a new chipset, but I don't know what chipset my computer is running on. Neither Sandra nor Fresh Diagnose was able to tell me the chipset.

Help!

Thanks!

Install this:

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/

problem solved ;)

Thank you all! Installing the new chipset worked beautifully. :D

Remember to do this from now on if you reformat. Any Intel based board that doesn't have native OS Support for all its devices needs the INF Utility. :)