Wise installation wizard

Whenever i download an install program that has been compiled with the Wise Installation Wizard, the program opens, a blue box comes up that says ""initializing wise installation wizard", and then just hangs there eating up 100% of my cpu. So far, 3 programs do this. Any solutions?

Edited by moeburn

I never tried this before, but it kind of made sense to me when I saw it posted, so I saved it. I guess if it's not working for you, it's worth a shot.

A method to try to fix Windows Installer...

Per mediaplaya:

1. Click START, and then click RUN.

2. In the OPEN box, Type msiexec /unreg, and then click OK

3. When this process is complete, click START, and then click RUN.

4. In the OPEN box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK.

windows installer works fine, and i cleared out my temp dir. As a temporary fix, i installed everything on a different comp then copied over.

That fix will only work with Windows Installer and InstallShield (which uses Windows Installer)

Actually, Wise has Windows Installer based products also, but I do think he is referring to the old fashioned ones.

Kinda like the old Installshield installers, the installer copies various dependency files to locations on the HD.

Might try looking for some of them, maybe they are corrupt, or incompatible withe the ones from the installer you are trying to run.

I don't know them off hand, but I know Unwise (the uninstaller) was one of them, and there are probably more.

IF you can't find them, maybe something like filemon from sysinternals would help you determine what the installer is trying to access.