Why is Soccer so boring?

An other thing that makes soccer boring is presenters/ or commentators, arguing over how large the players transfer sum has been and if the failing perfomance has something to do with his second cousins uncle's recent accident etc...

(irrelevant information during matches from the commentators)

Also the endless pre-match talks and interviews with guests before a really big match.

Commerce killed soccer (period).

since we're talking about boring sports JayGorman brought up a good point. WTF is this NASCAR crap. r they serious? people watch 50cars turn in a clockwise circle for 300 laps and find it exciting? How about a real racing sport like F1.

Anyone see that Jeremy Roenick interview on ESPN when he was knocking every major US sport except for hockey? He said some really rude (funny) stuff. "watching baseball is like watching grass grow" he also mentioned that an average football player actually plays and entire 3mins of the game while the rest is just play decisions, lining-up and plays that only last 10secs.

NASCAR is HORRIBLE........sit there watching the cars turn left for 5 hours, no excitement, the only excitement is when half the cars get totalled in an accident. F1 is challenging, you have constantly think and focus, there is strategy involved with the teams, car setups and such...

Formula 1; the true motorsport

F1 is a boring parade with Shuey winning all the time. Yawn. :sleep:

He didn't win last week. And there is nothing boring about the Grand Prix, if you think so you don't understand the sport.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion. You either like soccer (football) or American football. You can't really like both, because then it'd just be weird. I'd really like to argue this, but it'd just be useless as a reply would go something along the lines of...

"AMERICAN FOOTBALL IS FOR IDIOTIC RETARDS! THEY DUN'T DU ANYTHING!"

So I'll just keep my rather low opinion of soccer to myself.

He didn't win last week. And there is nothing boring about the Grand Prix, if you think so you don't understand the sport.

I can't see how F1 racing is any less boring than NASCAR. They take the same amount of skill to race in. Just because it looks like 500 oval laps on tv, it doesn't mean you have the be any less perfect for that time than an F1 driver.

WRC is where it's at for hard motorsports ;)

but soccer/football ... not that boring. Much better if you've had some to drink, and friends who like the opposing team.

I can't see how F1 racing is any less boring than NASCAR. They take the same amount of skill to race in. Just because it looks like 500 oval laps on tv, it doesn't mean you have the be any less perfect for that time than an F1 driver.

WRC is where it's at for hard motorsports ;)

but soccer/football ... not that boring. Much better if you've had some to drink, and friends who like the opposing team.

Going around in circles requires skill? Since when?

Football boring to watch..hell no. If you were to go to Celtic Park you'd quickly change your mind, it's entertaining and sweet.

First of all, it's not called soccer, it's football. And it's not boring, if it was it wouldn't be the most international sport around.

Not on this side of the ocean it isn't.

It's still boring to me If you like it and find it exciting,GREAT!

Another pointless thread. Football is boring. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't....

Baseball, oh give me a break. We have a game similar to baseball in the UK, it's call rounders and its played by little girls in school!!!!

And as for F1 not being boring, well I just have to stick my two penneth worth in here, the most exciting thing about F1 at the moment is the qualifying sessions. If schuey gets onto pole, its almost a foregone conclusion that he'll win the race, it's way too predictable. As most of the commentators say, the race is usually won or lost on how well the pit crews perform, not how good the driver is!!

Oh and getting back onto topic (sort of), how boring is American Football, 10 seconds of running around and getting splattered by some fridge then stop, everyone back into the middle and it all starts again a minute later (thats after the players all huddle around each other for a group hug!) YAAAAAAWWWWNNN.

Personally I find "SOCCER" (I used that word because Americans would probably get confused) is a much more skillfull game, you can't just jump on your opponent to stop him scoring. Thats probably why "FOOTBALL" is so popular in NA, it's like the modern day version of gladiatorial games.

A few questions.....

1. Why is it called American "FOOTBALL"? the players hardly ever use their feet to control the ball

2. Why is scoring called a touchdown? the ball isn't touched to the ground as in rugby!!

3. Why does it take so long to play the bloody game?

4. Why are Americans so obsessed with high scoring sports?

Pete

Edited by PeteWhite

Football is the greatest game in the world. It is the "Game of the world." Every country understands it and takes part, apart from America. I watched American Football once, and all i can say is blah

and if anyone calls it Soccer again, i'll scream

Baseball, oh give me a break. We have a game similar to baseball in the UK, it's call rounders and its played by little girls in school!!!!

And as for F1 not being boring, well I just have to stick my two penneth worth in here, the most exciting thing about F1 at the moment is the qualifying sessions. If schuey gets onto pole, its almost a foregone conclusion that he'll win the race, it's way too predictable. As most of the commentators say, the race is usually won or lost on how well the pit crews perform, not how good the driver is!!

Oh and getting back onto topic (sort of), how boring is American Football, 10 seconds of running around and getting splattered by some fridge then stop, everyone back into the middle and it all starts again a minute later (thats after the players all huddle around each other for a group hug!) YAAAAAAWWWWNNN.

A few questions.....

1. Why is it called American "FOOTBALL"? the players hardly ever use their feet to control the ball

2. Why is scoring called a touchdown? the ball isn't touched to the ground as in rugby!!

3. Why does it take so long to play the bloody game?

4. Why are Americans so obsessed with high scoring sports?

Pete

Well done young sir.

post-91-1086032454.jpg

Edited by StaticFish

Don't hate on the sport because you've probably never even played it...

I can't really answer your first 2 questions, because for one I don't know the answers, and two, if I did, it probably wouldn't change your opinion on the sport anyways.

An average football game takes about 3 hours to play.

And Americans aren't really obsessed with high scoring sports, they are obsessed with sports they like. They like football because its a contact sport that involves a lot of skill and strength. They like baseball because its a thinking man's sport and requires more logic than to just kick a ball back and forth for an hour. They like basketball because its a physical game and fun to watch (especially during the playoffs). They like hockey because again its a physical game.

Please, try not to be so narrow minded about your opinion of sports because it seems to me that you've never even tried playing American football or baseball for that matter. You're just making yourself look like an ignorant moron.

Edit: And yes, I've played soccer before. I don't hate playing the sport, I'd just rather play American football.

Bust reading the word "soccer" is boring. :pinch:

Watching Yoga, Chi Gong or Tai Chi is more exciting. :ninja:

Snooker and curling is cool. :happy:

Soccer is beyond boring. Played it, watched it, still boring. If they had half the sports the U.S. has to watch, maybe they wouldnt be so easily amused by it.

Bust reading the word "soccer"  is boring. :pinch:

Watching Yoga, Chi Gong or Tai Chi is more exciting. :ninja:

Snooker and curling is cool. :happy:

The rest of the world disagrees with your illogical views

Soccer is beyond boring. Played it, watched it, still boring. If they had half the sports the U.S. has to watch, maybe they wouldnt be so easily amused by it.

And you :p

Please, try not to be so narrow minded about your opinion of sports because it seems to me that you've never even tried playing American football or baseball for that matter.  You're just making yourself look like an ignorant moron.

You're right, I haven't played, and don't have any interest in playing the sport.

Oh, and don't call me a moron, you don't even know me, you're just showing yourself up as an "ignorant moron" by throwing insults at everyone who disagrees with your opinion!!

Pete

Another pointless thread. Football is boring. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't....

Yes it is. :argh: :drool:

cant this thread die soon :p

its pointless, you cant convince a american that soccer is fun.. Just like they cant convince us that american football is fun... Its impossible because it has to do with growing up with the sport.. You cant force a person to like a sport, everyone likes a perticular sport because they grew up with it...