OSX look alike

I want my PC with XP running on it, to completely look like it was running OSX. I?m very familiar with computers, but I?m not very into customizing XP:blush:h:

Can someone post a complete guide, which tells me how to do this, step by step. I?d be very thankful for this!

Thanks in advance:) :)

you need the following things:

windowblinds to emulate accurately an osx skin (with the window glymphs position and all)

objectbar

a finder clone, I recommend this one: http://www.parkerinnovations.com/~alilm/felix/

object dock

some osx icons ported to windows, you can find a lot here: http://www.iconfactory.com/ware.asp

wasnt there a complete transformation pack some where?

(googles it..)

yep, but it doesnt include the necessary tools to do it, and also it included a msstyle skin instead of a windowblinds one

You need to make some decisions first.

1. modified VS or use windowblinds (I prefer WB)

2. How to change your icons (that involves both an icon set and a modified shell32.dll)

2a. Use iconphile, iconpackager, guireplacer ( recommend iconpackger)

2b. Great OS X icon themes can be found over at wincustomize.com

3. Decide on a theme

3a. If a VS...then definately go to Kol's site www.studiotwentyeight.com and get his smoothstripes

3b. If windowblinds then I recommend OS X panther by Xero, OS X panther by nextgenMS, OS X panther by duckie (these can be found at wincustomize.com, aqua-soft.org, aquaxp.com)

4. Decided on a dock

4a. Three possiblities: objectdock, y'z dock (which isn't being updated or supported anymore...nor can I provide a link to it), or modydock. (I recommend objectdock...themes and icons for it can be found over at wincustomize.com)

5. Decide how OS X ish you wish to get and figure out if you want the OS X menus at the top of the screen (use objectbar to accomplish this)

Here is a screenshot of what my desktop looks like with the OS X panther theme by Xero, Panther Hybrid set for Iconpackager, Ichat mod for AIM, objectdock, and rainlander:

current_desktop.jpg

Thanks! I?m now downloading Windowblinds, Objectdock and Iconpackager!

I?ve downloaded the OS X Panther theme by Xero.

Can you recommend a good iconpack, which I can use with the Iconpackager?

And how about the modified shell32.dll?

What is rainlander?

And how about the modified shell32.dll

get guireplacer and an osx module for it instead of a shell32, its safer

Ok, so I should use guireplacer instead of Windowblinds? Or just as a compliment, in order to get the OS X shell?

Well it is just that people always say they want their Windows to look like OSX, I just don't get it. If you like OSX that much better then why didn't you just buy a Mac in the first place vesus a PC using Windows. :whistle:

Ok, so I should use guireplacer instead of Windowblinds? Or just as a compliment, in order to get the OS X shell?

no no, guireplacer is not an alternative to windowblinds, its an alternative to use a shell32.dll :)

Well it is just that people always say they want their Windows to look like OSX, I just don't get it. If you like OSX that much better then why didn't you just buy a Mac in the first place vesus a PC using Windows. :whistle:

maybe because they like the osx GUI but whats the windows functionality and software??? :rolleyes:

hey, I dont agree with it either, but If I can help I help, if not I dont flame :rolleyes:

And how about the modified shell32.dll?

What is rainlander?

Two great icon packs for IP.

Panther Hybrid: http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?library=2&SkinID=1118

Snow E2 Aqua: http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?sear...nding&library=2

I have actually combined the two and created a unique package for myself.

rainlander is a great desktop calander program. The skin I am using on it is called Ical milk

If you don't feel comfortable replace your shell32.dll then I would recommend using the gui replacer for that.

Just buy a Mac, geez...

Some people like me don't have the extra money to buy a mac...plus we like the useablity/compatablity of XP but the look and feel of OS X.

I know it's cool to Customize your OS, but I'm sick off people that want to be or have something they don't, If you want Longhorn, download it. If you want OSX, try PearPC or buy a Mac....

When Customizing try to be more "original"

I know it's cool to Customize your OS, but I'm sick off people that want to be or have something they don't, If you want Longhorn, download it. If you want OSX, try PearPC or buy a Mac....

the next comment like this one it will get a warning level from me

I want my PC with XP running on it, to completely look like it was running OSX. I?m very familiar with computers, but I?m not very into customizing XP:blush:h:

Can someone post a complete guide, which tells me how to do this, step by step. I?d be very thankful for this!

Thanks in advance:) :)

It will ncompletely/i> look like it was running OSX. but maybe 9;) ;)

But anywho, you need WindowBlind to make it more *real. msstyle just doesn't do the job

It will nocompletelyi> look like it was running OSX. but maybe 99;);)

But anywho, you need WindowBlind to make it more *real. msstyle just doesn't do the job

I have just about gotten mine pretty damn close.

Only thing I need is a finder clone...still can't find one that is really functionable. Although Nexplorer looks really promising.

Just becuase you don't like your pc to look different...doesn't mean others don't. So please...keep you comments to yourself. Everyone else here is trying to help