Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250

Got me a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 the other day, much better quality then the ATI TV Wonder VE I was using. Anyway, when I hooked up my GCN I noticed that there is a two second lag between the time I hit a button on the controller and the game (visually on-screen) responds. Make it near impossible to navigate "City Escape" on SA2:Battle. Anyway to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, im using the 250 MCE edition and have the same problem. I notice its worse with SageTV than it is with WinTV2000, but it is not playable in either case (PS2 im using)... so I think its a software problem. I could be wrong, but if thats the case is there any other software out there? Beyond TV3 might be worth a try. Thats what i think the problem is atleast, hopefully there is someone more in the know?

the WinTV PVR is really meant to record TV not for real time watching of it. I use mine with beyondTV so i don't really see the difference since what I am watching usually has some small delay so I can pause it.

If you're not recording TV and just want to play games on your comp, i would suggest getting a different card

the WinTV PVR is really meant to record TV not for real time watching of it. I use mine with beyondTV so i don't really see the difference since what I am watching usually has some small delay so I can pause it.

If you're not recording TV and just want to play games on your comp, i would suggest getting a different card

:huh: The PVR 250 & 350 were originally the ONLY cards Microsoft allowed OEMs to install in MCE PCs...The media center isn't just about recording TV. I have the 350, everything works great. The Hauppauge cards are one of the few that use a hardware encoder. (I believe the ATI is software, correct me if I'm wrong)

Got me a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 the other day, much better quality then the ATI TV Wonder VE I was using. Anyway, when I hooked up my GCN I noticed that there is a two second lag between the time I hit a button on the controller and the game (visually on-screen) responds. Make it near impossible to navigate "City Escape" on SA2:Battle. Anyway to fix this?

You'd need something like an ATI TV Wonder Pro. There are other cards out there as well.

:huh: The PVR 250 & 350 were originally the ONLY cards Microsoft allowed OEMs to install in MCE PCs...The media center isn't just about recording TV. I have the 350, everything works great. The Hauppauge cards are one of the few that use a hardware encoder. (I believe the ATI is software, correct me if I'm wrong)

Incorrect. The first cards were the PVR-250 and the Emuzed Maui. After that was the AverMedia M150 or M179. The Emuzed and AverMedia all hhave hardware encoders too. The 350 didn't come along for a while. A "Roslyn" based card from Hauppauge would allow the passthrough.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this @ http://www.shspvr.com/pvr2_faq.html, hope it helps.

Q: I'am having trouble getting my gaming console box to work rigth with this card

the video & audio lag or it not working at all with Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 250?.

A: Console Box are not good thing to use with PVR 250 unless you want just record some

clips in that case you need have it hook to a reg TV set that way you can see the video

and audio in realtime wail the PVR 250 record you playing.

You you need one the fellow thing below

1: Composite video and audio distribution amplifer (3) RCA Audio/Video cable.

2: Video RF modulator and (1) 2way splitter (3) coax cable.

Please note not all gaming console output the rigth video field so it my not work so if

I was you I test the composite video first before buy anything.