Command and Conquer: Generals

no it doesnt, westwood need to get there act together and finish there current projects like Red Alert3 and Command And Conquer tiberian Twilight.

If they wanted to get into the 3d rts genre they should have made it a whole new series rather then milking the command and conquer brand for all its worth, people will see it see command and conquer get in and play it and bebamboolzed why theres no GDI, NOD, Allies. Soviets.

Actually ill concede it does look cool the game but I just dont feel comfortable with the idea behind it I feel they should be working on what made them good the next C&C redalert, or maybe even another dune. You dont see Blizzard running off workin gon 10 other projects milking say the warcraft name on some other similar game, no they put there heads together and work on a game till there ready to release it, besides being irrated when they delay the release of their games, probably for the best, I dont recall ever having a problem with a blizzard game.

Ah eitherway Im not expecting to see Generals this year, but in the end ill probably still buy it or hire it etc.

I thought it looked pretty good.

The thought of planes having dogfights with smokes and explosions while avoding building really made me exicted :)

Sorry to say, but the game suck. Man, it stutters like crap, bearly playable for me. The sound stutters, the gameplay stutters, everything stutters... even the damn menu stutters. WTF is Westwood thinking by releasing this game?!

I finally gave up and saved myself a gig of free space. (uninstall)

First of all, Osiris: The same thing could have been said about milking the Command & Conquer franchise when Red Alert was released. Where were GDI and NOD? But you know what? The game turned out better than the original. So know they bring us C&C Generals. No GDI, NOD, Allied or Soviets, but will someone be complaining about some future release that doesn't inlcude GDI, NOD, Allied, Soviets, Chinese, Americans and GLF? The fact that they put Command & Conquer on the box just lets me know that it will be another kick-ass RTS game from Westwood, regardless of the story involved.

As far as Blizzard, Warcraft and Starcraft sound pretty similar to me... And to Westwood's credit, they didn't anounce Generals three years ago and change the whole project twice since the original announcement (*cough* Warcraft III *cough*) and still not release anything but vaporware.

nomis_nehc: What the heck are you talking about? Installing and playing Generals? Let me know what stores you shop in!

Oops! I totally gotta apologize here. I read way too fast this time. I thought this was one of those Command & Conquer Renegade threads. :) Forgive my tiring eyes.

Ironman273: Red alert wasnt better then the original. My point was simply why cant westwood be a little more like blizzard and get one project over at a time, instead of running 10 different ways with the same bloody brand name thus C&C.

I personally am sick of seeing spin offs, red Alert only intrested me because Kane was in it if you recall. I just want westwood to put the technology it appears generals has and get there ass moving and finish the C&C Saga. then they can run off all the little spin offs they want. At this rate no one will even remember the storyline for GDI and Nod, be burried under, soviet vs allies sotryline and battles, and china vs america storylines.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot wait, either :)

I currently run www.CnCGenerals.com with Maniac (of red2.org) and netsprinter (I have worked with him in the CnC community for a long time), but it is not my site. I just want to make it clear that I do have a webmaster position along with Maniac (who owns the site) and ns, so it is not mine.

Personally, as long as this game does not have silly crap like RA2 it will be the best RTS in a loooooooong time!

no I was referring to making a realistic 3d rts. I meant rather then a fantasy RTS aas Dune was, well Sci Fi anyway.

As real as possible seems to be what there going for, but I jusat donmt think they should be using the C&C sorry C$C brand to cash the game in.

And I also think Westwood should get there ass into gear and finisht he actual Command and COnquer series off, thats all.