Foobar2000 Customization Topic

xandaman, we answered this really a *lot* of times, try at least to look the 2 or 3 last pages before posting something that would make someone repeat the same thing over and over ...

xandaman, we answered this really a *lot* of times, try at least to look the 2 or 3 last pages before posting something that would make someone repeat the same thing over and over ...

I have read this topic before. I dont rmemeber seeing it. And I dont relish reading all the pages. Maybe if someone updated the 1st post with useful links it might help.

And I still can't find howto show the album list panel, now I have the plugin.

1) enable database (preferences > database) by pointing at one or more of ur music directories

2) download the lastest version of columns ui and album list panel HERE

3) enable sidebar, right click on the sidebar and select general > album list

you're done (but i still don't see which part u couldn't understant :/)

on page 39

I already loved using Foobar to play my mp3s as it is, but after reading this thread and seeing the customizations that have been posted, I'm a full-blown fb2k addict! Here's mine: :p

post-45-1096924027.jpg

Edited by SWChicago

can you share it?

kinda funny, i'm using the same config you're using in the link in your sig (from this topic)... i just took out all the guff i didn't want to use. :p

^^^ Nice, could you post the info for that?

I have had a quick read through all 17 pages from this thread but I couldn't see the answer to this question....

how would I go about getting foobar to sort my albums out in this order...

• 1st Artist
  • 2nd Album Year
  • 3rd Track number

One more thing is there any sites which give tips for using foobar or one which would explain the basics of making your own playlist configs up?

^^^ Nice, could you post the info for that?

I have had a quick read through all 17 pages from this thread but I couldn't see the answer to this question....

how would I go about getting foobar to sort my albums out in this order...

• 1st Artist
  • 2nd Album Year
  • 3rd Track number

One more thing is there any sites which give tips for using foobar or one which would explain the basics of making your own playlist configs up?

It's a hack job of Azrael. Why do these configs have to have so much code? There's always one thing I want to alter, but because there's thousands of lines of code I just end up rewriting them to look the same, but with what I wanted fixed to start off with.

Anyway, to do that go to: Playlist > Sort > Sort by... and type in %artist%%date%%album%$tracknumber(). And then uh, press Enter.

I usually just hack up other people's configs and learn that way. Foobar also comes with a HTML file (titleformat_help.htm) containing all the TAGZ options and such.

This is my foobar style.

I made the string for the playlist from scratch, the status is modified from a string I found over the net.

No columns_ui involved here...

The first album is the sample for multi-artist albums.

The second is a regular album

The last two tracks are singles.

I never mix full albums and singles in the same playlist.

Cheers.

post-143-1097551581_thumb.jpg