Foobar2000 Customization Topic

ok... maybe this is a stupid question but when i installed columns ui and changed the settings around to my liking, NOTHING changes in foobar!. Is it b/c i have an outdated version of columns? I tried downloading the newest one i could find...

I have come upon a small problem when using foobar. If the album or song title is long then the end of it gets cut off.

I assume the limit for the number of characters shown will be in the config but does anyone know what I should be looking to change?

post-25418-1097574233.png

2 more questions (sorry) so the first one is: How can I get a "count" of my mp3s? Im using columns ui and i basically need a column for the number of each mp3. Secondly, I am using someone else's config file and the colors alternate for each mp3, but i want to change the background color of each mp3... where can I change this?

foobar.png

using a script written by tnl (which uses kidnap, literunner, and xlabel in litestep) i can now show the album cover inside of foobar among other things.

584724154[/snapback]

R.I.P. Elliott :cry:

using a script written by tnl (which uses kidnap, literunner, and xlabel in litestep) i can now show the album cover inside of foobar among other things.

584724154[/snapback]

this is awesome.. (Y)

foobar.png

584724154[/snapback]

love his work :yes:

R.I.P :(

2 more questions (sorry) so the first one is: How can I get a "count" of my mp3s? Im using columns ui and i basically need a column for the number of each mp3. Secondly, I am using someone else's config file and the colors alternate for each mp3, but i want to change the background color of each mp3... where can I change this?

584721228[/snapback]

Go to the Columns UI preference, and click on the New button under the Columns tab. Give the column a display name (what will be displayed in the Column header) and a width (if you don't want the column to resize, set Resize to 0). Now, in the display area type in the following:

%_playlist_number%.

If you want to pad the playlist number with 0's, paste the following instead:

$num(%_playlist_number%,$len(%_playlist_total%)).

The end result would be something like so:

0001. Blah - Blah

1891. Blah - Blah

Foobar 2000 is great and all, but I cant figure out how to get rid of this thing in the playlist sidebar.

I know the answer will be really obvious....

~_~

584636805[/snapback]

You can't. You're using an alpha version of the latest foo_columnui. I believe the developer of foo_columnui said those will be removed in future versions.

foobar.png

584724154[/snapback]

very nice, how can you show album art? and can you share the fcs, thanks :D

Splinter, that goes very well with XP :p

EDIT: Just for kicks, here is my current setup, simple as usual

10-15-04foob.gif

:cool:

Edited by Cream