Foobar2000 Customization Topic

question: when a song is playing i have a column that displays a ">" (using $if(%_isplaying,>) ). but thats kinda boring, would it be posible to use an animation instead... i was thing to let the character change every second

sec1: |

sec2: /

sec3: -

sec4: \

sec5: |

sec6: /

... etc

so it would appear as if the character was turning around... sugestions would be more than welcome

I made the switch from Winamp to foobar2000 ages ago and moved back to Winamp. I just made the switch back again and I'm happy again. :)

I've been reading every post from the first page to the 30 something, then I got lost and most of the links that were posted then are now broken.

What I want is Shannon's config of this. I should have PM'd him, but there might have been someone like me who wanted it aswell.

Thanks!

http://www.druss.plus.com/foobar2000.rar

http://img201.exs.cx/img201/3435/nickfoo5po.th.png

included everything apart from my database make sure you goto the database settings and alter the path to your music folder and rescan, there are one or two dependancies google found them for me when i needed them if you dont have them (they go into c:\Windows\system32)

585638031[/snapback]

tanks man!

Tanks a lot! :rofl:

You are the man :cry: :wacko: :yes:

question: when a song is playing i have a column that displays a ">" (using $if(%_isplaying,>) ). but thats kinda boring, would it be posible to use an animation instead... i was thing to let the character change every second

sec1: |

sec2: /

sec3: -

sec4: \

sec5: |

sec6: /

... etc

so it would appear as if the character was turning around... sugestions would be more than welcome

585642814[/snapback]

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=259895

it's for track info, probably it could give some ideas

pcw, try renaming your playlist, make sure it's not "default"

585647477[/snapback]

Well I've tried renaming.. I've tried "Show on all playlists" on all available columns...

Don't know what else to try...

Well I've tried renaming.. I've tried "Show on all playlists" on all available columns...

Don't know what else to try...

585648154[/snapback]

okay, so load the original fcs file into foobar, not the one you modified. Then, rename your playlist so that 'default' and '-s-' do not appear in the new name.e.g. 'list'. Voila..

Well people help me out lol, i got no time to customize my foobar so... :p, im looking for some dark strings (liike grey/black/white/etc) anyone got some? =D, would be nice, thanks!

okay, so load the original fcs file into foobar, not the one you modified. Then, rename your playlist so that 'default' and '-s-' do not appear in the new name.e.g. 'list'. Voila..

585648707[/snapback]

Well tried that as well.. resetted the settings in foobar as well... no dice :\

i'm kind a noob in foobar...

when i put the display on footunes, after some reopen of foobar, the name of the songs are not displayed...

does anyone knows how can i resolve this problem?

thanks in advance...

:huh: :happy:

your foobar is amazing (all of you). i feel so weak and helpless next to it all. i've got some basic UI customization, but nothing to the level a lot of you have.

ravix7: I really like yours. Can you explain please all the mods (where you got them, how you installed them..ect.).

How do you guys use foobar2000? Is there like a media library function at all? Some way to build playlists with would be great, as I don't like going to my music through explorer (although I use to back in winamp 2).

I've been playing with this thing for a few hours now, and for some reason I was under the impression that it is the simplest media player. The option menus are crazy. So much to learn, it would seem.

All I have now is a playlist with all my music (5000+ songs) and a fancy Columns UI thing going on with a .fcs file i got (Azerus or something).

Here are my interface wants:

Control foobar2000 with my "Media Keys" on my Microsoft Internet Keyboard. Is there executables I can download to control foobar like play/pause, stop, next, prev. Like winamp has? That would make it easier to bind go media keys. But global shortcuts would work too i think.

Control foobar2000 with my wireless gamepad.

Find as you type anyone? The dialog box isn't so bad, i just have to remember "F3" to get to it, and it works pretty good... still, I would like a text bar somewhere where I can type a search string and it will help me find what I'm looking for (similar to winamp).

I'm getting an iPod soon (should be in by monday i hope!), I notice there are some iPod plugins for foobar. The one feature I'm really interested in with iPod to Music Program is the sync of my song ratings. I'm afraid I might goto iTunes just for this feature *cringe...*

thanks for input.

How do you guys use foobar2000? Is there like a media library function at all? Some way to build playlists with would be great, as I don't like going to my music through explorer (although I use to back in winamp 2).

Enable the database (go to Preferences then the Database header). Tell it there what folders to watch and hit the 'Scan' button. Then use the 'Album list' plugin and it will list your database (you may have to right click and hit refresh every once in a while to keep it nice and up to date). Then you can click anything there and it will send it to a playlist called 'Database View' Very slick. Here is my current setup:

post-35004-1111770922_thumb.jpg

ev0|'s Foobar, Click to enlarge.

1bAhIu.png

Thanks to Image-Upload.org for Free Image Hosting

Features :

* Toaster

* Track info panel

* Panel Stack

* Columns UI : Olight v. 2.0.3

* Album Art Panel

* Pac-Man Progress at the bottom (see the ghosts :o :woot: )

* Uses Direct X 2.5 Sound with Hardware Mixing and Awesome Fades

* Tbar and Foo_remote remote control from taskbar with pop up playlists

* Replaygain enabled on all albums.

Edited by ev0|

ev0|'s Foobar, Click to enlarge.

1bAhIu.png

Thanks to Image-Upload.org for Free Image Hosting

Features :

* Toaster

* Track info panel

* Panel Stack

* Columns UI : Olight v. 2.0.3

* Album Art Panel

* Pac-Man Progress at the bottom (see the ghosts  :o :woot: )

* Uses Direct X 2.5 Sound with Hardware Mixing and Awesome Fades

* Tbar and Foo_remote remote control from taskbar with pop up playlists

* Replaygain enabled on all albums.

585670525[/snapback]

holy crap man you made it look good on the vs royal inspirat man that was impossible for me. Amazing man ! (Y)