Foobar2000 Customization Topic

You can set up keyboard shortcuts for anything you want nearly. Go into the Foobar preferences and have a look under Core > Keyboard Shortcuts. ;)

What you are talking about here is called Global Hotkeys and yes, Foobar does them too. When you go to make a new keyboard shortcut, just tick the Global box and you'll be able to use that shortcut from anywhere in Windows.

Is it possible to set existing hotkeys to global? The playback keys in my foobar are set to my special keyboard keys (Logitech iTouch) but I can online use them if foobar is focussed. If I try to add a new hotkey and press one of these multimedia keys, it doensn't work. :(

btw, my foobar:

foobar2.png

Are there any guides on how to create custom buttons (dimensions, bit depth, alphas etc.?)

Better yet, are there any Gant-style buttons available for download?

If not, I'll need to whip up a few.

just bind your media keys as global hotkeys in foobar preferences ("how to" 3 posts before by shannon)

584811332[/snapback]

The problem is, that if I press a media key in order to set it as a hotkey, nothing happens. The name of the pressed key doesn't appear and i can't add the hotkey.

Are there any guides on how to create custom buttons (dimensions, bit depth, alphas etc.?)

Better yet, are there any Gant-style buttons available for download?

If not, I'll need to whip up a few.

584811345[/snapback]

don't have exact guide actually, most buttons i've done are based on others..

i asked a few months ago without respond, so ill ask again..

i know there is an explorer plugin that lets you have "this computer" on the left side of foobar..

however, all my gigabytes of music is in M:/music

is it possible to just list the files in That folder?

if not, would it be too hard to make a plugin with that feature?

You can put Foobar controls on the taskbar. You make a shortcut to the program and put /previous, /play, /pause, /stop, or /next in the target area.

Example: "C:\Program Files\Foobar2000\Foobar200.exe" /next

Then you could lets say put them in your Quicklaunch folder, so then can have them in the taskbar.

You can put Foobar controls on the taskbar. You make a shortcut to the program and put /previous, /play, /pause, /stop, or /next in the target area.

Example: "C:\Program Files\Foobar2000\Foobar200.exe" /next

Then you could lets say put them in your Quicklaunch folder, so then can have them in the taskbar.

584830029[/snapback]

or, just use (a now painfully buggy and outdated) tbar_foo plugin.. it's the best taskbar controller plugin for any media player out there.

I don't know about every one else. But that's one of the nice features Foobar has that other players don't. You can just use command line arguments instead of extra plugins.

G.A.N.T. - Rules  :p

FooGANT.th.jpg

((((( Strictly4me )))))

584841491[/snapback]

jesus ... you should do something about all those tabs ... that would drive me insane!

I'm new to FB2K customization... I'm using foo_symf and Dynamic config...

I want to get rid of the menu buttons and add them to the context menu when I right click on a file or dead space....

SO, if I right click on a song, I will see a new group called 'Playback' that will have 'play','stop','pause'... etc...

any way to do this???

Hey strictly4me, where'd you get the GANT buttons? I would greatly appreciate it if you would tell me.

584842228[/snapback]

GANT-Buttons you can find here:

KLICK ME!

If you want, you can use my buttons!

TAKE IT

Don't care about the black stuff around. You will not see in your player! ;)

((((( Strictly4me )))))