Foobar2000 Customization Topic

What version off foobar do you recommend to install?

Normal, special or lite?

I don't want a really bloated version of it.. although I want to be able to mod it like you guys have done in this thread.. is this possible with the lite version?

PCW, I use the lite version.  Only difference is the components and codecs which you can add later if you like.  All versions can be formatted the same.

585629136[/snapback]

Alright! Thanks for the info!

Hmm.. having 2 problems...

First of all I don't know how to use custom images.. see this screen:

foo.jpg

I check the "Use custom buttons"... but nothing more happens.. no browse dialog to browse for the custom images or nothing.. so I hit apply and nothing happens anyway...

And as you can see I've got both zlib and pnglib installed...

Second question the album art (foo_uie_albumart.dll) is that supposed to download album arts automatically from the net or do you have to manually add them? If you have to manually add them how do you do that?

Sorry for all the questions but it's the first time I'm using foobar :p

Hmm.. having 2 problems...

First of all I don't know how to use custom images.. see this screen:

foo.jpg

I check the "Use custom buttons"... but nothing more happens.. no browse dialog to browse for the custom images or nothing.. so I hit apply and nothing happens anyway...

And as you can see I've got both zlib and pnglib installed...

Second question the album art (foo_uie_albumart.dll) is that supposed to download album arts automatically from the net or do you have to manually add them? If you have to manually add them how do you do that?

Sorry for all the questions but it's the first time I'm using foobar :p

585630327[/snapback]

The first question i am having problems w/ also..

Now for the album art u have add them..

I found my problem, it was that the foobar comes with an older version of columns_UI an alpha version

585632702[/snapback]

You did it! :)

And does that customization work with latest columns UI?

You did it! :)

And does that customization work with latest columns UI?

585632750[/snapback]

Mad love to foobar, for advanced users only !

Shout out to foo_toaster, foo_ipod and don't forget foo_remote with tbar !

:laugh: :ninja:

Mad love to foobar, for advanced users only !

Shout out to foo_toaster, foo_ipod and don't forget foo_remote with tbar !

:laugh:  :ninja:

585632786[/snapback]

Yes I love foobar so much and customized a lot :) But am I advanced user? :p

Yesterday I tried foo_toaster and it was very nice and cool! :laugh:

All you have to do is a strip with the images in it. 7 images, in the correct order, making it one .bmp or .png that is ~175-200 wide by ~20-30 high (though you could change that too if you want). Not really tough.

And if you want a mouse over image then just make the first seven the mouse away images, then the next seven the mouse over.

started using foobar 2 days ago, i must say (after using winamp for years) it the best player i have ever used... this is what i have so far...

by the way, i have a litle problem none of my mp3tags are correct. so i just use the filename in the playlist since they are all build the same way:

Artistname - Songname

so i was wondering if its possible to get the artist and songname out of the filename instead of reading it from the mp3 tag...

post-42379-1111166773_thumb.jpg

A few more questions :p

How can I move around the buttons around in foobar as I've seen other people do? I try to click and drag but it won't move around... any options I've missed?

Now see this screenshot:

play.png

Why do I get an orange square instead of the orange play button you're supposed to get when a song is playing? Any options I've missed?

normaly you can add it to a panelstack by rightclicking the caption... but i've noticed i can't bring the captionbar back once i removed it... the menu entry is gone

anybody know how to get the sidebar, especially album art like in this screen?

foobar-collumns.gif

I downloaded all these plugins (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=28647) but dont understand how to get them to work  :cry: I installed the plugins and they're in options, the only thing that shows up is the playlist tree and even that I cant get to dock on the left side of foobar  :pinch:

585627426[/snapback]

if someone who had these buttons could post them it would be great =) thx