Norton AntiVirus 2005 Screenshots

I'll stick to my Norton 2004, thanks. Haven't had a problem yet and yes, I have the legitimate copy, LOL! The interface in 2005 appears it hardly changed since 2004.

The only other anti-virus software I used was PC-Cillin and it was kind of weird. I also used Fix-It Utilities, but it has the same anti-virus engine as PC-Cillin and I find Norton is a much more professional layout. The only thing I hate about Norton is that it doesn't have the option to scan ICQ for viruses when it can scan AIM, MSN, and Yahoo; yet ICQ was the most popular IM client at one point.

After seeing norton 2004 on my mates computer im never going to use it.

He moved a 700mb file and norton popped up a window saying it was scanning it as it moved, slowed it down LOADS :crazy:

ok there is careful and then there is overly the top stupid. Fair enough if it had a faster scan engine np's but the fact it added at least another 2 mins to just moving a file was stupid. And the amount of reasources it uses is way too much.

I have used Mcaffe for years and had no problems and dont look to be changing anytime soon... but am looking into bit defender.

well do what radish said but even disable compression scan, im scan norton 2004 eat a LOT of ram and it slowdown everything so bad again i didnt try norton 2005 because is it the same thing (or more bloated) than 2004 so i reccomend u to get trend micro pc-cillin is fast, looks good (no as amazing than norton) and have a firewall included. right now im using the beta version of trendmicro 2005 and i said that its amazing, anyways im looking foward to norton systemworks (expecting that symantec change something in norton utilities -_-U)

I was wondering if antivirus companies were going to start blocking spyware/adware. Maybe Symantec wil by Lavasoft or something and merge technoligies and offer the added protection in one program along with adware/spyware updates amongst the virus updates.

Any thoughts?

Trend Micro Internet Security has adware scanning in their 2005 beta. It must be still under development because it only takes 5 secs to scan my system. It did however find a couple that Adaware and Spybot missed. I also seen a update file called "realtime adware pattern (that is what they call signatures)" or such once in a update.

Tell him to turn off compressed file scanning.

Radish?

It does this to me all the time. Even on uncompressed files when something is being intalled...you see the toast windows popup and it really slows the install process down.

what I want is a way just to purchase virus defs from norton, I know that mc afee has it, why not norton.

You can purchase virus defs from Norton. Just wait until your subscription is almost over if it didn't end already.