How good is your antivirus?

Question

Since most would like to argue bout what is the best antivirus. I decided to open this thread solely for testing your preferred antivirus. This is a compilation of a group of hackers.

*************WARNING*************

THIS IS NOT FOR THE SCAREDY CATS. THERE ARE ALL VALID VIRUSES. DO NOT OPEN THEM OR EXTRACT THEM TO ANY LOCATION. SAFEST METHOD TO TEST YOUR ANTIVIRUS IS TO SCAN THE COMPRESSED FILE. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR ACTION.

Here's a link to download an archive file containing the viruses. READ THE WARNING BELOW BEFORE CLICKING HERE

TEST THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

If you dare to take this challenge, do post the screenshots of the antivirus in action and please do not use any Photoshoping skills to manipulate the results.

Try to post at least the following information for others to evaluate

1) Program/scan engine version (Exm NAV 2004, AVG 6 Paid Version, SAV 9.0.0.338 and etc)

2) Any settings you changed

3) Screenshots (Optional as proof)

EDIT: Contrary to the filename which tells you 455 viruses, no it is not. Actual total is 593. If your antivirus detected them all, well done.

Edited by dreamthief

Ok I watch it scan all the files inside the compressed file but the mcaffee 7.03 pro just says 1 found (meaning the zip file) so how do you get it to show the total for inside?

scanvirus.jpg

Ok I watch it scan all the files inside the compressed file but the mcaffee 7.03 pro just says 1 found (meaning the zip file) so how do you get it to show the total for inside?

McAfee VirusScan 7.03 reports 1 found. Actually it finds 588, but you'll have to extract the archive to see that. I did that, extracted all files from the archive to a tempfolder. When I scanned the folder, VirusScan detected 588 files, and moved them to the quarantine. Only 5 files where left in the folder

Can someone PM me with a link to this thing, the one on the front page I cannot download more than a cpl hundred kb. I have googled it yet the sites I get the links dont work on those either.

I realise the risks, I wanna test out my ANtiVir

Anyway help would be appreciated.

Shall i try These Virus's With NAV 2005 Beta?

Most certainly... post your brief review if you could. That'll be informative for others as well.

NAV 2005 Detected some Virus's in the Folder once it was downloaded. I click dont alert me abot this file again. 2 More popped up, did the same.. I then did a manual Scan and it picked up 287. Its still scanning.

So far upto now its the same as NAV2004.

Oh Except for the 10-15 processes it runs :blink: My system lags... lots. (P4 3.52Ghz / 1GB PC3500 Dual Channel)

See pic, then i click quarantine, It quarantine thems & thats it.

Edited by hypoxiaicon

Can someone PM me with a link to this thing, the one on the front page I cannot download more than a cpl hundred kb. I have googled it yet the sites I get the links dont work on those either.

I realise the risks, I wanna test out my ANtiVir

Anyway help would be appreciated.

Here's the download from edonkey,

ed2k://|file|455.Viren.(virus.virii.collection).rar|1702323|20CC4F482C202A570C0E6C6914724FC7|/

The password for the RAR is "danger" without the " ".

hmm maybe i should append this to the first post. :)

wow... Norton's newer release is getting worse.

Maybe he didnt have it configured correctly :huh:

Symantec Corp 9.0.0.1300

Scan Engine 1.2.0.13

Defs 25/06/04 rev. 19

Scan took 23 seconds and found 589 in that zip.

Same as the rest. Not a bad result :)

As soon as it finished scanning it threw the whole zip into Quarantine!

I'll try and put a screenshot in later but i'm having some hosting issues atm.

Maybe he didnt have it configured correctly :huh:

I doubt so. Public beta will be the last version before it is shipped to the mass market. Settings and etc should have been preconfigured. Hmm i might be wrong.

Oh Except for the 10-15 processes it runs :blink: My system lags... lots. (P4 3.52Ghz / 1GB PC3500 Dual Channel)

10-15 processes and it lags on a P4 3Ghz++? Ouch....how much resources it took up?

NAV 2005 Detected some Virus's in the Folder once it was downloaded. I click dont alert me abot this file again. 2 More popped up, did the same.. I then did a manual Scan and it picked up 287. Its still scanning.

So far upto now its the same as NAV2004.

See pic, then i click quarantine, It quarantine thems & thats it.

You sure it didnt get rid of half of them while you were downloading it? and why did you do a full system scan just scan the folder.

Okay, let me re-download the file. I presume i un-tick 'Scan within Compressed Files' ?? To stop it from checking as soon as i download?

There is actually only 8 (Ish Maybe +/- 1-2) Im using 200MB Of pagfile.. its usually 140MB SO not that much, but my PC is lagging

Yeah, maybe i screwed up the last time ;)

Unticked 'Scan Within Compressed Files'

I then scanned only the .ZIP file.

Look at the results now.

Norton AntiVirus 2005 Public Beta With Latest Virus Signatures + All LiveUpdates

Scanned - 594

Detected - 589

Repaired - 295

Quarantined - 289

Deleted 5

Cheers Sensey, another helpful neowinian already sent it to me. Cheers again though

Norton Antivrius 2002 picked up 588.

Guess thats pretty descent.

So im happy.