How good is your antivirus?

Question

Since most would like to argue bout what is the best antivirus. I decided to open this thread solely for testing your preferred antivirus. This is a compilation of a group of hackers.

*************WARNING*************

THIS IS NOT FOR THE SCAREDY CATS. THERE ARE ALL VALID VIRUSES. DO NOT OPEN THEM OR EXTRACT THEM TO ANY LOCATION. SAFEST METHOD TO TEST YOUR ANTIVIRUS IS TO SCAN THE COMPRESSED FILE. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR ACTION.

Here's a link to download an archive file containing the viruses. READ THE WARNING BELOW BEFORE CLICKING HERE

TEST THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

If you dare to take this challenge, do post the screenshots of the antivirus in action and please do not use any Photoshoping skills to manipulate the results.

Try to post at least the following information for others to evaluate

1) Program/scan engine version (Exm NAV 2004, AVG 6 Paid Version, SAV 9.0.0.338 and etc)

2) Any settings you changed

3) Screenshots (Optional as proof)

EDIT: Contrary to the filename which tells you 455 viruses, no it is not. Actual total is 593. If your antivirus detected them all, well done.

Edited by dreamthief

I use AVG free...works perfectly with sp2 (i didnt have to update anything) costs 0 pennies and is so ****ing stable the only thing that lets me know it's there is the icon in the system tray and any pop ups (warning me i'm downloading from a tramp) if some dirty kazaa user has a dirty machine.

I use Freedom Anti Virus from my ISP :). Its made by Command..... now I'm not going to download the 590 files..... don't feel like reformatting again if it goes wrong.... but it found Eicar right away.

post-12-1092367300.jpg

brr , man tried in on mah norotn 2002 , destroyed mah pc , had to reinstall

did you follow the instructions i posted earlier? Sorry for that... but it serves as good wake up call, the AV needs upgrade.;);)

A screenie wont show much, but my AV (AVG Free) Found 556 infected files. It says there are 593 files in the archive, so i'm kinda worried now, that's 37 undetected. :ninja:

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i (Final) Build 8.0.0.912

Results:

Test Bed - 593 files -> 587 Infections/6 Clean Files

Detected - 589 (of those 2 were labled "Potentially Unwanted Programs")

Perfect!

The dead thread revives again....

Sure ok. There are 593 files but it had been discussed elsewhere

nobody was able to confirm without a doubt how many of those samples were actually live, they know at least six for sure were dead, but other than that who know....

......In that link you posted there was a link to an archive, where was 455 "viruses". From those 455 viruses 2 of them were younger than 5 years old, 442 of those were at least 9 year old or a lot more. 11 virus samples were such that I couldn't find their dates.

viruscan.jpg

The new Trend Micro Pc-Cillin Internet Security 2005 beta (or whatever it's called) got 587 viruses.

I guess this is a good AntiVirus after all despite the fact that I had never heard of it before!

post-12-1094337402.jpg