Greatest sports moment

because they made a movie out of it?

Tell me you're joking!

You're a hockey fan, how can you say just because they made a movie out of it?! That game was huge! Do you know how much that game meant to Americans, as a whole, at the time? Not even just hockey fans... that brought the first real sniff hockey to America. Tell me the NHL being founded all you want, but it wasn't huge. If not for that game the NHL wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as it know is!

1998 cards. VS. the cubs in st. louis, when mark mcgwier hit his 62nd home run of the season to break the single season HR record. GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 6th Tour de France of Lance Armstrong in less than 1 month ;-)

:yes: it starts today in belgium, a 6km time trial :woot:

mika:i see you like the jan ullrich and the t-mobile team. :cool:

looks like a regular td to me?

what was so special about it?

The straw that broke the camel's back en route to then ranked #3 Virginia Tech falling 28-7 to the Mounties in Morgantown.

regarding the miracle on ice thing.. Is the movie any good? do you mean the 1981 Movie?

VidER

Since I like all 3 sports, I'll pick my favorite from each. (Basketball, Football, Baseball)

NBA - 1998 Finals, Game 6, Chicago Bulls vs. Utah Jazz: Michael Jordan's "The Shot, II" against Utah to clinch the 6th championship for the Chicago Bulls, winning the game 87-86. This also completed the "Repeat Three-Peat".

NFL - 1988 Super Bowl, San Francisco 49ers vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Montana connects with John Taylor for a touchdown on "The Drive" in the final minute to clinch the 3rd championship for the 49ers, winning 20-16.

MLB - 2002, Oakland A's vs. Kansas City Royals: Scott Hatteberg hits a homerun in bottom of the 9th to give the A's a 12-11 victory after blowing an 11-0 lead. The win gave the A's 20 wins in a row, an American League record. This was most memorable for me because I was at the game. Awesome stuff!!

Edited by soloredd