NeoPlanet Browser is alive and updated!

Question

If you ever used the NeoPlanet browser before, you either loved or hated it.

It was the first true widely available IE browser shell yet is unique because it used the Gecko engine.

Loaded with everything bell and whistle you can imagine plus it is the most attractive browser out there today.

NeoPlanet can be run on all Windows OS's using IE 4 and above.

Now spyware free and matched with the AdMuncher ad Blocker NeoPlanet has been revived at:

http://home.wavecable.com/~csherrod/index.html

Further brief instructions at the site.

Enjoy,

Revson

post-12-1088618909.jpg

19 answers to this question

"It was the first true widely available IE browser shell yet is unique because it used the Gecko engine."

huh? doesnt that kind of contradict itself?

damm. i remember neoplanet. tells me how long ive been using pcs heh. i think i first used it on my oldass p3 500.

Yes it is four years old, but it simply was way ahead of its time.

It works very well and now being a bit older and wiser myself, I can truly appreciate many of the features it has like an excellent email program, great download manager with a load of options to choose from, there are still lots of alternate skins for it (I have over 400 so far), flexible user interface and on and on.

The only two things that were really missing was the original program of which nearly all links were dead, and an Ad Control, once the Ad Control was located that could recognise NeoPlanet it became a viable alternative I would make it available (like Steve Saleen says of his cars) "Power in the Hands of a Few", it's not for everyone.

Pic shows: Taskbars with Channels on, Without and Minimal task bar.

post-12-1088714981.jpg

Not exactly what I would like my browser to look like...

i hear ya! ugly....but then again you can't legitimatly base your opinion on just the looks but I don't think I'm gonna use it. I'm staying with Firefox.

No it was the final release 1704.

Here's four sample skins, there are hundreds still on the net.

post-12-1088715986.jpg

Edited by groingo2