Tour de France

So US Postal will remain their primary sponsor? Hope so. I like hearing the US in the name. Makes ya feel kinda proud, plus it reminds everyone that it is a US based team and with the world hating on the US so much lately, it is cool to get some kind of positive association with the US designation. (Y)

im pretty sure USPS will stick with them.they're looking for another sponsor.

You are just joking, right? He has never tested positive for any doping or masking substance, if I remember correctly. Maybe he just works harder than anyone else? Maybe being near death and fighting off cancer made his will strong enough to overcome?

You're correct.

Also, the drug allegations by that one guy (I can't spell his name, sorry) aren't surprising... he never got along with Lance when Lance entered the tour, even though he was Lance's idol. He's known to have a lot of problems with Lance for some reason (but it seems to be mutual now, though it wasn't always that way).

Lance has never tested positive for a banned substance, or any enhancement substance (as far as I know). Not only that, but nothing in kemo would have made him "stronger". I'm sorry, but I tend to think that's all him. Perhaps I'm wrong, though.

I can understand that people would doubt him. But, he's not exactly blowing the field away -- it's not like he's so far ahead of everyone it's absolutely amazing. The amazing thing is that he's won the tour 5 times in a row (and possibly about to be 6). If you'll look, he's just consistent -- he wins the mountain stages and time trials, but he always manages to at least keep up with the pack in the other parts of the tour.

I just don't see how people can think he's doing drugs when he's only won a few stages this year. He's just a consistent rider. Consistency is key in almost all bicycle tours.

Yeah, that Greg LeMond guy looks like a total jerk now. Bitter, jealous, angry. Screw him.

Lance is strongest in the mountain stages, and that is one area where hardly anyone else can compete. I think that is why he is winning, because he has devoted so much of his training to the climbs. Plus, his team always seems to be precisely on the same page as he is. They are all in it for Lance first, themselves second, and I think that may be another advantage he has over others.

I was bugged to learn that they changed some of the rules to try to make it harder for Lance to win a 6th time. That sucks. If he does win, I hope it makes the Frenchies feel embarrassed for trying to rig it so he had a much harder time winning.

He sets a great example of what hard work and perseverance can do. Keep that nose to the grindstone and stop talking. Let the work do your speaking for you. Dude is a stud. (Y)

he produces 1/4 less lactic acid than his competitors and has amazing aerobic capacity since he was young.hes supposedly 1 in a million or even 1 in 10 million.i think this is why hes so good. :happy:

I did not bother to read all posts, but I can not see him taking any thing. I have seen him ride here in Austin and he is an animal. My step dad was into mountain biking a few years ago and would ride w/ Lance from time to time and Lance would put ALL bikers to shame. France just needs to stop whinning.

This thing at ESPN.com (click on the "Tour de France" link in the top right) is confusing... I can't figure out if Lance did bad in the time trial or what...

EDIT: His lead is 1 min 44 sec now, according to what I'm reading...

EDIT #2: They just updated again... apparently Lance is kicking some ass in the time trial... Basso also lost 1 min 15 sec on Lance, so it looks like he's not going to be close much longer -- maybe... O_o

Edited by Scorpio

what a beast.thats two stages in a row he won. :woot:

Ullrich has a velcro saddle?According to Laurent Jalabert, who is commentating from a moto beside Ullrich, the German has not gotten out of the saddle once!

:laugh: :rofl: from bicycling.com

Unbelieveable....from ESPN.com:

Associated Press

L'ALPE D'HUEZ, France -- Riding through a sea of frenzied fans, Lance Armstrong dominated his rivals Wednesday and extended his overall lead in the Tour de France by winning a time trial high in the Alps.

Armstrong finished the 9.6-mile climb through 21 hairpin turns to the L'Alpe d'Huez ski station in 39 minutes, 42 seconds -- the only time under 40 minutes.

"I wanted it bad because of the history around this mountain and the importance to the race," Armstrong said. "All in all, it was a very important day."

He was 61 seconds faster than second-place Jan Ullrich and actually passed his closest challenger, Ivan Basso, even though the Italian started two minutes ahead of the Texan.

"Lance is strong in the mountains," acknowledged Basso, who was eighth Wednesday, 2:23 behind, and now trails by 3:48 in the overall standings.

Wow....he started 2 minutes behind Basso, and passed him! He is a machine! Go Lance Go!

No, us postal will NOT be sponsoring the team next year. It will be the discovery channel, who've put 20 million dollars into the team.

Lance is the man hands down. I really do hope he can pull off 6 wins in a row. France can die even if he does not win this time around no one (atleast that I know of) has ever won 5 in a row.

No, us postal will NOT be sponsoring the team next year. It will be the discovery channel, who've put 20 million dollars into the team.

If you have a link that can help confirm this, I would appreciate it if you would post it here. Thank you very much. :)

I had thought that this would be Lance's final year on the Tour. Better to leave on top and not fade away slowly, I feel.

Unbelieveable....from ESPN.com:

Wow....he started 2 minutes behind Basso, and passed him! He is a machine! Go Lance Go!

That was very impressive. What a stud!

It was odd that he complained after the stage, saying he hopes they never ever have a timetrial like that again. Did not like the stage, but he still kicked butt! STUD!!!!

I hope he wins it all, still tests negative and can stuff it in LeMond's face!!!!:woot:t:

If you have a link that can help confirm this, I would appreciate it if you would post it here. Thank you very much. :)

I had thought that this would be Lance's final year on the Tour. Better to leave on top and not fade away slowly, I feel.

it's been said on eurosport many, many times. It's in some magazines too, i think the official tour guide may have something on that but don't quote me there!

He won two of them battling Brain, Lung and Stomach Cancer ... beat those 3 then won three more tour de Frances, now a 6th one ... LANCE IS THE MAN!!!

Also please check out www.wearyellow.com, it's a site made by Nike for Lance Armstrong were you can buy yellow wristband things that way LiveSTRONG on them, the money from the wristbands goes toward cancer research

Lance is by far the greatest athlete of all-time!

Caught up in the excitement, are ye? :D

He is certainly one of the best endurance athletes of all time, I would say.

But Bo Jackson was awesome, was he not?

Bruce Jenner too, for his day. (Y)