[NBA] Shaq agrees to trade to Miami

I think you can safely give the Pacific Division championship to Sacramento now. Even if the Lakers sign Vlade, it makes for an even better Kings lineup because they can now start Brad Miller and Chris Webber together (something they should've done all along).

And with Erick Dampier most likely signing in Memphis, the Lakers are going to be VERY weak.

apparently, he is staying...

http://espn.go.com/

The Lakers still have half of their superstar duo.

Kobe Bryant agreed to stay with the Lakers on Thursday, spurning an offer from the Clippers, ESPN has confirmed.

The decision came one day after the Lakers traded Shaquille O'Neal to the Orlando Magic for three players and a draft pick.

Lakers will have some intresting team chemistry.......Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom,

Also, I dont know if this is true but i could have sworn i heard that malone was being offered a contract with another team...

Im glad to see shaq leave... Its going to be exciting down in Miami with Wade and the diesel

For the long term, miami is getting screwed.

HAHAHA, Are you nuts? There's no losing. The Lakers were Raped!

There's noway Miami will be screwed. Shaq is a guaranty at a shot at a title.

What do you think Shaq is? He's a player magnet. What do you think will happen in a season or two, when great players around the league get hungry for a title? They're gonna want to go where they feel they have a shot. What better team than Miami atm? The east is completely dry in the dominant center position. Shaq will wipe the east clean.

Not to mention wherever he goes he betters everyone around him. Wait for the double/triple and dish out to open man for free jumper. Brian Shaw for example... when he was in Miami, he was dirt. Got traded off to Lakers and Shaq made him an All-Star. What do you think he'll make Wade? Ahh yes Wade, he's not going anywhere. Miami is far from being screwed. Lakers are the ones that are screwed for the long run.

ESPN and StarSports will be cracking their heads to decide which games to broadcast if Houston (Yao & T-Mac), Lakers (Kobe), Miami (Shaq & Wade), Orlando (Steve Francis and Dwight Howard) and Bobcats (Emeka Okafor) all happen to play on the same day and at similar timeslots. :laugh:

The NBA 2004/05 season is definitely a season worth waiting for and watching at. :)

I'm so tired hearing about Shaq this and Shaq that. I came home from school to Miami for the weekend and picked up the newspaper. EVERY SINGLE SECTION (front page, local news, business, sports, etc.) had a damn article about Shaq. :angry: I think I get the point already. We are getting Shaq. Jeez... I know he is a good player but can we please let it go already. We got him! Let us here more about him during basketball season. :rolleyes: :hmmm:

I'm so tired hearing about Shaq this and Shaq that. I came home from school to Miami for the weekend and picked up the newspaper. EVERY SINGLE SECTION (front page, local news, business, sports, etc.) had a damn article about Shaq. :angry: I think I get the point already. We are getting Shaq. Jeez... I know he is a good player but can we please let it go already. We got him! Let us here more about him during basketball season. :rolleyes: :hmmm:

Well, either you deal with it, or head back to school.

Well, either you deal with it, or head back to school.

:crazy:

Listen, I like sports and other things but that is why there is a SPORTS section in the news paper. I don't know about you but to me, I think the sports section to carry all the sports news. Does it really have to be on all the sections of the newspaper? :wacko:

Listen, I like sports and other things but that is why there is a SPORTS section in the news paper. I don't know about you but to me, I think the sports section to carry all the sports news. Does it really have to be on all the sections of the newspaper?

Its BIG news man. All of a sudden with a blink of an eye, we're contenders for the title. Its as if we already won the title around here. You know how it is. What else is there happening down here right now? Nothing! Marlins are playing, thats no reason for more than an article on that. I'm sure everyother baseball game scores/rating as far as many others are still in the paper. You're just a bit too uptight about it. Loosen up man.

Miami isnt getting screwed, the only way that team can suceed in the playoffs is with a center like Shaq.

Wade and Shaq are going to excel in the East easily.

HAHAHA, Are you nuts? There's no losing. The Lakers were Raped!

There's noway Miami will be screwed. Shaq is a guaranty at a shot at a title.

What do you think Shaq is? He's a player magnet. What do you think will happen in a season or two, when great players around the league get hungry for a title? They're gonna want to go where they feel they have a shot. What better team than Miami atm? The east is completely dry in the dominant center position. Shaq will wipe the east clean.

Not to mention wherever he goes he betters everyone around him. Wait for the double/triple and dish out to open man for free jumper. Brian Shaw for example... when he was in Miami, he was dirt. Got traded off to Lakers and Shaq made him an All-Star. What do you think he'll make Wade? Ahh yes Wade, he's not going anywhere. Miami is far from being screwed. Lakers are the ones that are screwed for the long run.

Yep, it promises them shotb> at a title. But, chances are, their shot will suck.

Miami got raped up the ass -- deal with it. They traded away the future of their franchise -- guys under contract -- for Shaq... who can get out of his contract after this season. You forgot about that little part, didn't you? Yep, if Shaq doesn't like it in Miami all he has to do is pick up his bags and leave.

Shaq is a "player magnet"? I guess so, if you mean he gets double-teamed a lot. But the Pistons proved that Shaq alone can't win a title -- heck, Shaq and all the stars on the Lakers proved that. What makes you think this will be any different? And go ahead and tell me that Shaq will draw players... I don't care. I know that means crap when they see Miami's record next season, which will suck because the whole team is Shaq.

Not only that, but Miami now has **** for depth. Mind telling me your backups? Mmm-hmmm... you're pretty much screwed. Have fun with Shaq playing the entire game, every game, the whole season and then going in the playoffs and being out of gas. He won't be out of gas, you say? Remember that he got to rest in L.A. with the Lakers when he needed it. But if Shaq's not out of gas that means he was probably injured, like this year. Shaq isn't exactly the most healthy guy around.

"The east is completely dry in the dominant center position.&quotBHWHWWHWHWHWWHWHWHWHWWHWHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!b>

Oh my gosh, that was quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read... obviously someone's never heard of Ben Wallace.

And, I'm sorry, but Shaq doesn't make everyone around him an all-star. Your logic in that regard is utterly stupid, since you could use comparisons from people who left Lakers to go to other teams and got better, or you could mention players who went to the Lakers and got worse.

Congratulations, Wade isn't going anywhere... you have two players! 3 more and you can get a starting lineup.:laugh:h: Sorry, bro, but the Lakers screwed you up the butt.

Wade is a promising player. Partnered with Shaq, they COULD have a chance at winning a championship. It may not be next season or the year after but I think they have a chance. As long as Shaq don't get old too soon.

Of course Wade is a promising player. And Shaq's a great player... but does that mean those two on their own are going to win a championship? Nope. Plus, Shaq already is old... he isn't exactly the healthiest guy around.

haven't followed nba since 96-98. now i have some free time. maybe i should start watching it again.